Warning for Aguero

citymad said:
Carver said:
mcrpogue said:
We only have two restaurants and no Spanish cinema. You may have to learn the local language.

From: <a class="postlink" href="http://mancunianmatters.co.uk/content/tevez-hits-out-manchester-city-only-two-restaurants" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://mancunianmatters.co.uk/content/t ... estaurants</a>

While Manchester is on the rainy side of the Pennines, Tevez’s home city of Buenos Aires actually has an annual rainfall of 1,242.6mm (48.92in) per year, compared to Manchester’s 810mm (31.89in) per year.

Of course, if we were being uncharitable we’d say that Tevez might enjoy Manchester more if he brushed up on his English, having lived here for five years now.

But linguistic aptitude aside, there is plenty for Carlos to do if he ventured out of his £3.7m Alderley Edge pile and made one of his trademark jinking runs into the city centre:

1. The Cornerhouse cinema hosts a month-long Spanish and Latin American film festival every year, premiering unseen gems and Spanish-language classics.

2. The Instituto Cervantes on Deansgate is the heart of Manchester’s Spanish community, with film-screenings, as well as debates, discussions and seminars on literature, linguistics, art, cinema, history and much more.

3. If there’s one thing Manchester’s not short of, it’s restaurants. Mancunian Matters would recommend Michael Caines’ restaurant in the Abode Hotel on Piccadilly or the delicious Stock on Norfolk Street (housed within the old Stock Exchange) to Carlitos. However, if Tev is looking for a flavour of home, he should have hotfooted it to Gaucho on St. Mary’s Street, which promises to capture “the true essence of Argentine life –it’s food, it’s wine, it’s culture”, or El Rincon on Deansgate, for some seriously tasty tapas.

4.As member of the band Piola Vago, who play a style of music known as Cumbia Villera, Tevez could have shaken his maracas to some latin grooves at Band On The Wall.

The truth is you have to put some effort in and "get out there" if your going to enjoy life wherever you are. Theres plenty to do in Manchester. Also, you have to laugh about the rainfall. The americans always comment on how rainy it is in England but the records show they have a bigger annual rainfall then we do but they would never believe the stats. Its an assumption and from then on everyone believes it.

Nothing like encapsulating a whole country in one swoop, here's a paint brush for you. It's not so much the amount of rain as the number of days that it rains. Take Chicago and Manchester. Chicago 125 days a year with precipitation. Manchester 185 days a year with precipitation. You will also find that America is quite a bit larger than England and we have many different climates. Some areas get more rain, some areas get less rain.

I think Aguero isn't a thick, uneducated, cheating, moaning idiot so would adapt better than Tevez.

2 restaurants? I hope Tevez was referring to Zinc as one of them. Their steak sandwich is the David Silva of sandwiches. If he has a bad word to say about that sandwich, I'll punch him in the kidney.

jimmymart said:
we havn't even signed him yet, have we?
Nope. Far from signed!

-- Sat Jul 23, 2011 12:16 pm --

Carver said:
mcrpogue said:
We only have two restaurants and no Spanish cinema. You may have to learn the local language.

From: <a class="postlink" href="http://mancunianmatters.co.uk/content/tevez-hits-out-manchester-city-only-two-restaurants" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://mancunianmatters.co.uk/content/t ... estaurants</a>

While Manchester is on the rainy side of the Pennines, Tevez’s home city of Buenos Aires actually has an annual rainfall of 1,242.6mm (48.92in) per year, compared to Manchester’s 810mm (31.89in) per year.

Of course, if we were being uncharitable we’d say that Tevez might enjoy Manchester more if he brushed up on his English, having lived here for five years now.

But linguistic aptitude aside, there is plenty for Carlos to do if he ventured out of his £3.7m Alderley Edge pile and made one of his trademark jinking runs into the city centre:

1. The Cornerhouse cinema hosts a month-long Spanish and Latin American film festival every year, premiering unseen gems and Spanish-language classics.

2. The Instituto Cervantes on Deansgate is the heart of Manchester’s Spanish community, with film-screenings, as well as debates, discussions and seminars on literature, linguistics, art, cinema, history and much more.

3. If there’s one thing Manchester’s not short of, it’s restaurants. Mancunian Matters would recommend Michael Caines’ restaurant in the Abode Hotel on Piccadilly or the delicious Stock on Norfolk Street (housed within the old Stock Exchange) to Carlitos. However, if Tev is looking for a flavour of home, he should have hotfooted it to Gaucho on St. Mary’s Street, which promises to capture “the true essence of Argentine life –it’s food, it’s wine, it’s culture”, or El Rincon on Deansgate, for some seriously tasty tapas.

4.As member of the band Piola Vago, who play a style of music known as Cumbia Villera, Tevez could have shaken his maracas to some latin grooves at Band On The Wall.
What gets me is that if I were to get a job in Buenos Aires, Brasilia, Beijing or anywhere I'd fully embrace their culture. If I spent five years somewhere and just hunted out chip shops and pubs then I will come home having wasted much of the five years. Yes, of course, I'd like to get a bit of British while over there but I'd have serious sad bastard syndrome if that's all I wanted when there. It's like these morons when you go on holiday who moan when the hotel in Greece doesn't do a full English breakfast; YOU'RE IN GREECE YOU CLOWNS! If you want a full English go to Blackpool for your holiday!

Plus I would learn as much of the language as I could. If I could become fluent, then perfect! If I spent five years there and just spoke my language then I'd feel like a right ****!

mancitygaz said:
Jackson-ctid said:
I bet Aguero already knows a bit of English, he'll fit right in like Zab. He's not a ****.
What a prick you are!

Bet you've never been to COMs.

The language of football is talked by the feet.

Prick

Wow, that has to be one of the most un-educated posts i've ever read.
What is he supposed to do when he walks in a bar in manchester? Do a few ball skills in front of the barman? "of course sir, disaronno coming right up"

Idiot......

mcrpogue said:

You've obviously never been to The Cornerhouse. Someof the best (and most obscure) films from world cinema, including the Spanish and Hispanic scene are shown there.
Excellent little place.

D.Siddall1989 said:
mancitygaz said:
Jackson-ctid said:
I bet Aguero already knows a bit of English, he'll fit right in like Zab. He's not a ****.
What a prick you are!

Bet you've never been to COMs.

The language of football is talked by the feet.

Prick

Wow, that has to be one of the most un-educated posts i've ever read.
What is he supposed to do when he walks in a bar in manchester? Do a few ball skills in front of the barman? "of course sir, disaronno coming right up"

Idiot......
¡Brilliant! :D hahaha

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.