Was the ball over the line?

Can't believe we're still discussing this, ancoats was right on page 3

you have to be 100% ball was out not to give it so the ref and the official was spot on only after sky did there crap and 17 clips after they said it was out you can not stop the game for that long to say it was out so well played ref and the official

Lino was behind play but only about 8 yards off the line, problem was he was on the other side of the pitch and he was running to try and keep up as well. Can't blame his positioning given the speed of sterling

One of the most important things to remember in the laws of the game is the phrase "if, in the opinion of the referee" which covers signals given to him by the linesman.

If sterling had kicked a photographer's camera out of his hand before connecting with the ball cos he was so far over the line it wouldn't matter one bit, in the ref's opinion it wasn't out as explained by ancoats above, that's all that matters.

And yes he failed to see that the tackle on aguero before their first was not clean, but if he's not 100% he can't give a foul. He reffed the game well even if he was a little soft on some of the challenges, but i think it suited is more that Everton didn't have to hold back.

Can't believe we're still discussing this, ancoats was right on page 3

Lino was behind play but only about 8 yards off the line, problem was he was on the other side of the pitch and he was running to try and keep up as well. Can't blame his positioning given the speed of sterling

One of the most important things to remember in the laws of the game is the phrase "if, in the opinion of the referee" which covers signals given to him by the linesman.

If sterling had kicked a photographer's camera out of his hand before connecting with the ball cos he was so far over the line it wouldn't matter one bit, in the ref's opinion it wasn't out as explained by ancoats above, that's all that matters.

And yes he failed to see that the tackle on aguero before their first was not clean, but if he's not 100% he can't give a foul. He reffed the game well even if he was a little soft on some of the challenges, but i think it suited is more that Everton didn't have to hold back.

spot on he could be in the stand and the ref did not see it then by letter of the law he can not give it out
and they still calling for video replays but how long did it take after about 10 clips to say 100% they could not be right so the ref got it spot on for me. funny thing is everton got away 2 very big calls in the other 2 games in the premier league and league cup both stone wall pens for me after watching the video replays but again 100% if the ref does not see it then you have to take it

The ball was out. Everton had an offside goal. So in this instance the decisions were even. We got an unfair goal, they got an unfair goal.

The ball was out....
quite wrong as shown on the OS today - "all of the ball over all of the line" (strokes long chin)

ball%20in%20play_zpszklshjtq.png

Last edited:
quite wrong as shown on the OS today - "all of the ball over all of the line" (strokes long chin)

ball%20in%20play_zpszklshjtq.png
The only way this is going to be definitively sorted out is if we can arrange a forensic reconstruction of the scene. Any volunteers to meet me at Hough End tomorrow morning? Can someone bring a very long selfie stick too?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.