Wasn't a sending off...

rickmcfc said:
It was a straight red wasnt it? I didnt see him show a second yellow?
hmm, seemed like he showed a yellow real quick and then the red, but maybe not.

Looked like a fair tackle to me, the attacker could have jumped to avoid contact as Kolarov got the ball by a clear space ahead of the runner. Plenty of time to jump.

You cannot appeal a yellow card unless it is mistaken identity. I had a feeling Mariner was itching to send one of our players off.<br /><br />-- Sat Dec 04, 2010 7:31 pm --<br /><br />You cannot appeal a yellow card unless it is mistaken identity. I had a feeling Mariner was itching to send one of our players off.

It wasn't a foul so i can only assume it was for dangerous play which would be a straight red, if he did clearly get the ball then we should appeal.

however if it was a second yellow then it is only a one match ban, if this is the case leave it alone and drop Boetang in there.

Some of these referees could be a real problem for us this season. The rag refs have noticed that we are getting stronger so where they would only have to give a decision against us, ie. a penalty or extra, extra time to swing it, they may now go on the offensive and look for bookings and send offs. How many sending offs and bookings have we had this year compared to this time last year or the year before, I may be wrong but this. Arsenal, Ballo, seems like a lot more than usual to me. Anyway everybody in football is corrupt. United can't be that lucky. We should have had the world cup. Sky sports, since the end of the game keep repeating that Bolton lost narrowly to Manchester city. Not that they were lucky not to get beat by four or five, it does my head in the amount of negativity that were up against. Carlos please don't push the fuckin manager, after a great performance you have given these moronic twats something to talk about. rather than what you did on the pitch. Then again why take him off if he's happy? tis not inporrrtant.

Really is getting a joke now every game playing against 12men, even the linesman was shit.

i didn't think it was a sending off but when i got back to the pub lads who'd watched on tv said it was a two footed tackle and was a def yellow and at works christmas do tonight so have to try and catch Motd 2

I think it looked worse because the ball ended up at the bolton players chest as if he had missed the ball. But on first view i didn't think it was a foul.

That said, there was a lot of tackles from Bolton that went unpunished where as a yellow card was shown straight away for the city players.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.