Wasn't a sending off...

from where i was sitting it seemed to be a fair challenge but i haven't seen a replay yet. marriner definitely waved a yellow before showing a red. you can't appeal a yellow, second or otherwise, (apart from mistaken identity). that's how clattenburg stitched up bellers at bolton last season & an innocent player had to serve a one match ban.

The first booking was never a yellow card, it was a fair challenge. I thought the 2nd was borderline though.

Overall a red card is scandalous but not surprising considering the general ineptitude of the officials today.

(that linesman in the first half was a joke)

I've reached the conclusion that going through the back of a player is not illegal if the victim wears a City shirt. We all saw what Huth did last week at Stoke and Muamba today got away with 2 or 3 nasty challenges from behind and a couple of "ordinary" fouls without getting a yellow card.

Even though we won, I am still going to moan about the officials. They don't play advantage, they see the basic decisions wrong and completely ruin a good game of football. Saw the stats on Sky before and there were 32 free kicks .... jesus, can't remember one bad tackle!

And another thing, Kevin Davies got booked very early on and then must have fouled on 6 or 7 more occasions ...... Kolarov gets booked for two fouls in the space of a few minutes. Cack.

Watched it on a stream and it looked a rash challenge, so the red card seemed understandable. However, seen in slow motion it appeared as if he caught the ball first, though it still looked a strong tackle. I can see how the referee thought it might have merited a red, especially as he had only just booked Kolarov.

Will be interesting to see how the 'pundits' and media cover some of the incidents. Yaya and Balotelli could come across as being hard done by or hamming it up.

Didn't think it was a sending off personally. I think the challenge looked a lot worse than what it actually was.

Studs showing, reckless challenge. Was a yellow card offence but why did so many Bolton chalenges get away scot free?

without wishing to defend the ref,the tackle was questionable at best.no malice just too strong.We need to be much cuter,the halfway line is not the place for death or glory stuff.As long as we learn from them,these incidents will occur,but less and less.We have almost got it spot-on ,silk and steel,the best is yet to come,as long as we have 11 on the pitch for 90 mins we should fear no one

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.