wasn't old enough to remember 2002 world cup

98GW

but how haven't south korea been investigated and banned for this

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Xje9_PlVDo&feature=fvw[/youtube]

yes it was ages ago but this is cheating

I remember this and it was absolutely shocking throughout the entire tournament. The matches involving South Korea were so obviously fixed it wasn't even funny anymore.

I think by the time Germany played them in the Semi Final everyone was cheering for Germany (which in fairness does not happen very often) just so those cheating scumbags got kicked out.

Petemeister said:
but how haven't south korea been investigated and banned for this

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Xje9_PlVDo&feature=fvw[/youtube]

yes it was ages ago but this is cheating

Hardly ages ago

England were one of the tournament favourites (again) and played South Korea just before the World cup in a friendly. I'm pretty sure England just about scraped a draw. Korea weren't a poor side.
Going onto the Italy game. Italy should have been out of sight, they missed six or seven absolute sitters but still blamed the ref.

The Pink Panther said:
England were one of the tournament favourites (again) and played South Korea just before the World cup in a friendly. I'm pretty sure England just about scraped a draw. Korea weren't a poor side.
Going onto the Italy game. Italy should have been out of sight, they missed six or seven absolute sitters but still blamed the ref.

Did you watch that video?

It wasn't even mildly subtle.

The Pink Panther said:

Err... no?

They even got a perfectly legal goal disallowed for offside although the player was never offside. Match fixing never was more obvious than in that World Cup.

I am not even going to start with the fouls that Korea got away with, some of them should have been straight reds. Yet he sent Totti off for an alleged dive when he was clearly fouled.

By the way the ref who was in charge of that game (Byron Moreno) was later suspended for 20 games (also in 2002) because he got busted in a match fixing scandal.

Oh and his third game after coming back suspension he got suspended again for sending 3 players off - again a match fixing scandal.

The referee in the South Korea-Italy game was called Byron Moreno. He never officiated another game. He was paid by an Italian TV company (the equivalent of, say, Soccer AM), to run across the stage on live TV with a briefcase full of money as part of a pantomime/satirical act after the tournament finished.

I remember the games very well. I finished my exams on the day of the South Korea-Italy match. Italy should have been out of sight. They got some shocking decisions, but this was no excuse for their characteristic negativity after going a goal up. However, it really did become suspicious after the Spain game; not only did Spain have two legitimate goals ruled out, the video does not show how far the Korean goalkeeper was off his line for Spain's missed spot-kick.

The cynic in me expects South Africa to get the rub of the green this summer with decisions.

John Wayne said:
The referee in the South Korea-Italy game was called Byron Moreno. He never officiated another game. He was paid by an Italian TV company (the equivalent of, say, Soccer AM), to run across the stage on live TV with a briefcase full of money as part of a pantomime/satirical act after the tournament finished.

I remember the games very well. I finished my exams on the day of the South Korea-Italy match. Italy should have been out of sight. They got some shocking decisions, but this was no excuse for their characteristic negativity after going a goal up. However, it really did become suspicious after the Spain game; not only did Spain have two legitimate goals ruled out, the video does not show how far the Korean goalkeeper was off his line for Spain's missed spot-kick.

The cynic in me expects South Africa to get the rub of the green this summer with decisions.

'Rub of the green' is a bit of an understatement for what happened there.. absolute farce.

Fuck me it makes me feel old when someone wasn't old enough to remember the 02' WC! My daughter had just been born a couple of months before it started and her in doors, (or in doors back then at least), wasn't happy with me going on half day for france v senegal. If I remember rightly, Papa Bouba Diop got the only goal of the game that opening match. Loved that tournament, loved that year infact.

Pigeonho said:
Fuck me it makes me feel old when someone wasn't old enough to remember the 02' WC! My daughter had just been born a couple of months before it started and her in doors, (or in doors back then at least), wasn't happy with me going on half day for france v senegal. If I remember rightly, Papa Bouba Diop got the only goal of the game that opening match. Loved that tournament, loved that year infact.

I was thinking the same. I'm 21 and the thought of not being able to remember two thousand and bastarding two makes me feel old for fuck's sake!
Wasn't that good a tourament in my opinion, France 98 was better.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.