wasn't old enough to remember 2002 world cup

Kinky Dribbler said:
Pigeonho said:
Fuck me it makes me feel old when someone wasn't old enough to remember the 02' WC! My daughter had just been born a couple of months before it started and her in doors, (or in doors back then at least), wasn't happy with me going on half day for france v senegal. If I remember rightly, Papa Bouba Diop got the only goal of the game that opening match. Loved that tournament, loved that year infact.

I was thinking the same. I'm 21 and the thought of not being able to remember two thousand and bastarding two makes me feel old for fuck's sake!
Wasn't that good a tourament in my opinion, France 98 was better.

I liked the early matches, remember watching England v Sweden(think it was Sweden anyway) and necking beers about 10am on a Saturday morning. Had a holiday to megamuf booked with the mrs the day after the Brazil game, that match also involved boozing at daft oclock whilst she packed. Its little wonder we no longer live together!

Kinky Dribbler said:
Pigeonho said:
Fuck me it makes me feel old when someone wasn't old enough to remember the 02' WC! My daughter had just been born a couple of months before it started and her in doors, (or in doors back then at least), wasn't happy with me going on half day for france v senegal. If I remember rightly, Papa Bouba Diop got the only goal of the game that opening match. Loved that tournament, loved that year infact.

I was thinking the same. I'm 21 and the thought of not being able to remember two thousand and bastarding two makes me feel old for fuck's sake!

Italia 90 was the best World Cup I've seen.
I was too young to appreciate Mexico 70, so really I've seen them all since Germany 74.

The best World cup song of all time, IMHO, was "We're on the march with Ally's Army"

The Pink Panther said:
Kinky Dribbler said:

I was too young to appreciate Mexico 70, so really I've seen them all since Germany 74.

The best World cup song of all time, IMHO, was "We're on the march with Ally's Army"

I was 12 when Italia 90 was on, and had just started to appreciate football as something other than going to Maine Road with are kid. Was a good world cup. Pity we didn't make USA in 94 as that too would have been a good'n.

South Korea going all that way was so blatently a FIFA trick to keep the locals interested, biggest con of a tounament ever, second world cup i can remember after 98, was so shit that after England went out didnt even bother watching a full game, was a proper shite tournament, 98 was better and 06 was alot better, but then who can be bothered to climb up at bastard 6a.m to watch china play denmark!!

didnt watch the clip, but i vaguely remember spain were really hard done by the ref.

The Pink Panther said:
Kinky Dribbler said:

I thought France 98 was a better world cup than Italia 90. Personal opinion of course but the World Cup Final in 90 was a terrible game with Germans diving and Argies surrounding the ref every decision. Our Semi-final was the game of that tournament. Thought the entire World Cup in '98 was cracking from start to finish. One of the best ever probably, and certainly way better than 2002 and the truly shocking Germany 2006! USA '94 wasn't that great either except Romario, Hagi and Stoitchkov(sp.?) lit up the screens.

BoyBlue_1985 said:
South Korea going all that way was so blatently a FIFA trick to keep the locals interested, biggest con of a tounament ever, second world cup i can remember after 98, was so shit that after England went out didnt even bother watching a full game, was a proper shite tournament, 98 was better and 06 was alot better, but then who can be bothered to climb up at bastard 6a.m to watch china play denmark!!

I didn't think much to 06 really. A lot of the matches were dull and the standard of refereeing was, quite simply, shambolic, and ruined quite a few of the games.

Fuzzmaster101 said:
The Pink Panther said:

I thought France 98 was a better world cup than Italia 90. Personal opinion of course but the World Cup Final in 90 was a terrible game with Germans diving and Argies surrounding the ref every decision. Our Semi-final was the game of that tournament. Thought the entire World Cup in '98 was cracking from start to finish. One of the best ever probably, and certainly way better than 2002 and the truly shocking Germany 2006! USA '94 wasn't that great either except Romario, Hagi and Stoitchkov(sp.?) lit up the screens.

Larrsson and Anderson, (Kennet), did well that world cup too, as did the Nigerians. I enjoyed that one but it just felt empty and pointless because that of that turnip-headed twat.

Fuzzmaster101 said:
The Pink Panther said:

Remind me of when a World Cup final has been a good game.
I know what you mean though. In Italia 90 the Argentinians didn't deserve to get to the final, they were a very average team that totally relied on Maradona and that super sub.
I thought the game of the tournament was us vs Cameroon.

Mexico 70 and Spain 82 are the best World Cups I've seen. England 66 wasn't bad but there was too much fouling allowed, Brazil were effectively kicked out of the tournament.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.