wasps,the little @@@@ers!

LongsightM13 said:
Pointless creatures. Angry, violent, intensely irritating and don't even make honey, like bees, the lazy b*******. They're the Scousers of the insect world
scousers of the insect world.i like that! the worst thing is that i let the little fucker get away.i was too busy hopping about and waking my mrs up.

tueartsboots said:
Make sure sting has been removed, take an antihistmine tablet to stop the swelling and soak a cloth/kitchen towel in vinegar (The acid in vinegar cancels the alkaline of the sting) and press against sting for about 10-20 minutes.[/quote
Im pretty sure that a wasp sting is formic acid, the same stuff that ants have. Nettle stings are the same stuff too. If vinegar does work its prob because it dilutes the sting.

-dabz- said:
tueartsboots said:
Make sure sting has been removed, take an antihistmine tablet to stop the swelling and soak a cloth/kitchen towel in vinegar (The acid in vinegar cancels the alkaline of the sting) and press against sting for about 10-20 minutes.[/quote
Im pretty sure that a wasp sting is formic acid, the same stuff that ants have. Nettle stings are the same stuff too. If vinegar does work its prob because it dilutes the sting.
I'm highly allergic
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.insectstings.co.uk/sting-acid-or-alkali.shtml" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.insectstings.co.uk/sting-aci ... kali.shtml</a>

Nice one TB, you learn something new everyday. On the subject of wasp stings, Ive had about five in my whole life but every one of them have been on parts of my body that wasn't fun. My first ever was under my finger nail as I tried to squash one behind a net curtain. The next one was on my barse (between my balls and arse. The perineum i think)
Then one on the top of my ear and one a few weeks back was the worst...I was woken by something crawling about my chest, then ZAP! right on my nipple, it felt like I was having a heart attack it was that painful. Vindictive little bastards....

-dabz- said:
Nice one TB, you learn something new everyday. On the subject of wasp stings, Ive had about five in my whole life but every one of them have been on parts of my body that wasn't fun. My first ever was under my finger nail as I tried to squash one behind a net curtain. The next one was on my barse (between my balls and arse. The perineum i think)
Then one on the top of my ear and one a few weeks back was the worst...I was woken by something crawling about my chest, then ZAP! right on my nipple, it felt like I was having a heart attack it was that painful. Vindictive little bastards....
ER Ouch, don't know if I would recommend vinegar round your ringer though

tueartsboots said:
-dabz- said:
ER Ouch, don't know if I would recommend vinegar round your ringer though
Turned out alright actually, I got the missus to suck the poison out;O)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.