Watching City at the moment is like....

It's a bit unreal to be honest. I can't get used to us being this good, and am waiting for the inevitable crash to earth. Talk of the quadruple gets on my nerves as I think it'll jinx it. I fucking hate the 'will we score 10' thread, as it smacks of Rag arrogance, just like when it was talked about before the Palace game and we struggled.

Guess I just can't shake off the previous shite we played and that became ingrained in my psyche.....

It's more like watching Lennox Lewis in the late 90s than Mike Tyson. So much superior to the opposition that it almost seems unfair at times. Absolute masters of their craft that dominates opponents in all aspects. The potential to be the greatest ever, but also the nagging thought that Hasim Rahman could still beat you with a haymaker.

(Before anyone accuses this of being negative, Lennox Lewis is my favourite ever boxer, and for my money the best heavyweight in history)

For us, playing for City is living the dream. These players, and the way Pelli has got them playing, is the cream on the dream. May it never end

We have come along way since the BM loss at home. As they once said in Stingray "anything can happen now"<br /><br />-- Thu Jan 30, 2014 9:26 pm --<br /><br />
malg said:
It's a bit unreal to be honest. I can't get used to us being this good, and am waiting for the inevitable crash to earth. Talk of the quadruple gets on my nerves as I think it'll jinx it. I fucking hate the 'will we score 10' thread, as it smacks of Rag arrogance, just like when it was talked about before the Palace game and we struggled.

Guess I just can't shake off the previous shite we played and that became ingrained in my psyche.....

I know where you are coming from on that one. Before the spuds match i thought we might loss three one and then i looked at their team and ours and gave myself a good slap.

jimharri said:
kippaxwarrior said:
Seen an anthology by someone today saying watching City at the moment is like watching Mike Tyson when he first started boxing

It's mesmerizing and beautiful to watch but you fear someone will get killed

Now obviously City won't kill anyone but I do think we will score 10 in one match against some team the way we are going(hopefully Palace as I can't stand that Welsh tosser who manages them)

So how would you describe watching City at the moment?
Thinking about last night;
We scored 5
Kun rattled the post
Kun blazed one narrowly over
The Rose clearance off the line
The penalty we should have had in the first half
Edin's radar not being properly calibrated throughout the ninety minutes

It could have been on last night if we were particularly ruthless with our finishing.

Slipping Jimbo - you forgot the amazing one handed save by Lloris form Kun's header. That was a fantastic save and if Joe had done that there would have been many power-wanking about it on here today.

andy h said:
jimharri said:
kippaxwarrior said:
Seen an anthology by someone today saying watching City at the moment is like watching Mike Tyson when he first started boxing

It's mesmerizing and beautiful to watch but you fear someone will get killed

Now obviously City won't kill anyone but I do think we will score 10 in one match against some team the way we are going(hopefully Palace as I can't stand that Welsh tosser who manages them)

So how would you describe watching City at the moment?
Thinking about last night;
We scored 5
Kun rattled the post
Kun blazed one narrowly over
The Rose clearance off the line
The penalty we should have had in the first half
Edin's radar not being properly calibrated throughout the ninety minutes

It could have been on last night if we were particularly ruthless with our finishing.

Slipping Jimbo - you forgot the amazing one handed save by Lloris form Kun's header. That was a fantastic save and if Joe had done that there would have been many power-wanking about it on here today.
Glad you spotted the deliberate mistake. I was wondering when someone would notice it!

........watching City in the 70's when I was but a lad. The anticipation before a game, the thrill of seeing the team coming onto the pitch, I feel like I'm a little kid again. This is the best side I have ever witnessed.

Privileged. Honoured. Bewitched.

kippax81 said:
........watching City in the 70's when I was but a lad. The anticipation before a game, the thrill of seeing the team coming onto the pitch, I feel like I'm a little kid again. This is the best side I have ever witnessed.

Privileged. Honoured. Bewitched.
And then the game kicked off...

airplane_robert_hays_pisser-1.jpg

Great thread, OP.

Watching City at the moment is like...

You know what, I sat behind this screen for about 10 mins, trying to think of something clever or poetic. Then I spent another couple of minutes trying to think of anything accurate.

There's honestly nothing like watching City at the moment.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.