Watching final in town.

BlueBilly said:
Couldn't get tickets and most pubs in town will be full of rags. Anyone thinking of going Mary D's?

Why will pubs in town be full of united when they're not playing?

I'm going to try walkabout. Watched the champions league final there and it was a good atmosphere.

I used to go golfatorium but the atmosphere is terrible and the bar staff are useless (worst in manchester).

The Sawyers arms on deansgate may be a good option as well as its been done up with a great if screen on the first floor.

MATCITY said:
tidyman said:
BlueBilly said:
Couldn't get tickets and most pubs in town will be full of rags. Anyone thinking of going Mary D's?

Why will pubs in town be full of united when they're not playing?
Because Manchester is red

They'll all be home with the curtains closed and the memorial candles burning - if not candles then Rooney posters and shirts.

Had it been Chelsea I think there'd have been a few out supporting their local team and hoping City got beat. As it is we're odds on favourites so the thought of being in a pub full of jubilant City fans would stir up painful memories of last year.

Anyone know what the screen is like at City Square and how much is covered ?
I dont really hang about there before home games but doesnt look like there is much protection from the rain
Im thinking of getting tickets for me and the lad that though the forecast isnt great.

m32blue said:
Anyone know what the screen is like at City Square and how much is covered ?
I dont really hang about there before home games but doesnt look like there is much protection from the rain
Im thinking of getting tickets for me and the lad that though the forecast isnt great.

If it's raining you'll be getting wet watching people somewhere you want to be basking in the sun!
I'd say that it'll have the best atmosphere in town but not great place to be (especially with little 'un) if the weathers crap.

Current options are Sawyers, Brunswick or Walkabout. Mary D's too far from Manchester - my mates train arrives back in Manchester about 4.30pm and can't see them wanting to go in somewhere like that - honorary City fan for the day, full time ABU and Chelsea fan ;-)

I'll probably have a mooch about first - see whats going on and if there's somewhere I'll be able to sit and watch it rather than stand up.

Tib Street Tavern is good for footy, good well positioned screens, and good beer.
Also Wayne will have it on in The Waldorf.

If you're looking for somewhere empty that will have it on so you can get a seat, you could go to Monroes right outside the station.

The landlady is a blue too. Wouldn't recommend it if you're after a bit of atmosphere though.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.