Watching final in town.

mammutly said:
squirtyflower said:
andyhinch said:
Would be city square for me, I'm with Dave re the Waldorf
Me too

I also think the beer in the Waldorf isn't well looked after

I drink lager and it has always been good. Plus the bar staff tend to be quick and sharp which counts when it's busy.

Beer In City Square?

Nah
hahaha and that's where i met you

my boozer of choice before the game is the Crown and Anchor

mammutly said:
squirtyflower said:
andyhinch said:
Me too

I drink lager and it has always been good. Plus the bar staff tend to be quick and sharp which counts when it's busy.

Beer In City Square?

Nah
The days not about drinking, oh hang a minute I got confused

mammutly said:
squirtyflower said:
andyhinch said:
Me too

Beer In City Square?

Nah

They're sharp alright - sharp as in prick like.

The one with the shaved head was moaning that one of our group was daring to ask that his short measure of beer was topped up and he wished that they'd fuck off - which is exactly what we did and went to another place for our next meetings. Didn't realise I was next to him when he said it - tried to make up some silly story about it being someone else he was on about.

Have been in once since - had to - and am not planning on going in again.

daveduke67 said:
peoffrey said:
The Waldorf was my first thought. It's a good enough Pub.

Still not forgiven them for charging us to use the upstairs when we had the get together in memory of Sue and Sam.

That mistake resulted in the last two meetings being in another pub.

At the end of the day, they're a business and they've got bills to pay. We were charged for an area in a Pub after a Family Funeral recently. If the Gaffer had been personal friends with Sam and Sue (RIP) then I'd expect some generosity but that's not unreasonable. I'd certainly have put in for room hire had I been able to attend.

God knows how but I ended up watching the match in the Waldorf.

What the hell is wrong with the shaven headed guy behind the bar with the tattoos on his arms? I'd have thought that the majority of pubs would be quite happy to be busy in this current economic climate. Not him though - moaning that he couldn't get through the crowd of people at the bar!!

Isn't there another pub that shows the match as it's meant to be seen? They were showing a widescreen transmission on an old style 4:3 screen - the pitch looked about 30 yards wide and almost every player looked like Peter Crouch.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.