Watford (A) Post-Match Thread

I the "You are the manager for the Madrid game" I said Fernandinho should play as he did really well when he came on against RM in the first leg.
In fact he was outstanding
I am one of his biggest fans but I am not sure Dinho is quite up to speed right now to throw him in to that match.

Of course, Pep will know best. :-)

I am one of his biggest fans but I am not sure Dinho is quite up to speed right now to throw him in to that match.

Of course, Pep will know best. :-)

Looked a bit leggy since the restart. The fact Garcia played alongside Laporte again tonight says to me that he will be playing against Madrid.

Geoff Boycott is a boring, self-centred, Yorkshire twat.

I hated him when he played for England, and my opinion of him has gone down since then.
Correct Boycott played for himself and nobody else, mind you he didn't give his wicket away cheaply which was a definite asset in test matches. I think he was also very adept at getting his partners run out which also tells you a lot about him.

If we are being honest, Gundogan's absence or presence wasn't relevant. He and Rodri are pretty similar. What was relevant was starting Foden Jesus and Sterling up front. 3 energetic guys. And partnering Kev with Bernado. Which also improves the energy in the middle.

So in reality, it's the absence of Dave and Mahrez ( 2 low energy players) that increased our pressure, which invariably makes it easier on our defenders and keeps our attack quicker.

Cancelo was also a significant upgrade on leftback. Which is a shame considering he isn't a natural one :(

That's a good point about pressing.

No Mendy. No Gundogan. Foden starting. Much better.

Gundogan is kryptonite for this team. I'm surprised there's not more on Mahrez and his contributions. Can't bear him myself, his turning his head away in the Semi instead of nodding it in at 0-0 had me kicking the sofa. He can't beat a man and by default goes backwards, although he's not alone in doing that; Gundogan is the master of the 3 yard backpass, slightly more irritating than Zinchenko's bizarre negativity.

4-0 is great but we have issues for sure.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.