Watford (A) Post-Match Thread

Looking at it from a different perspective, if I was a Watford fan I would of been fucking fuming with that display, they surrendered like cowards, we are obviously a better team but they didn't show that they cared enough

I would bet Guardiola and the City staff expected -and were prepared- for a completely different situation at the Vicarage Road Stadium...

If the people running the club (opportunists of the worst kind) sacked their manager hoping it would serve as a shock short term, well their wishes were fulfilled but at the opposite direction: Morale was unbelievably low, as you say they surrendered as soon as City scored the first goal...

Players like Doucoure and Pereyra seem shadows of themselves, you almost feel sorry for others like Mariappa, Sarr played 90' offering absolute zero, and so on, and so on. While the new guy on the bench seems totally out of his depth (by the way, our 3rd goal wouldn't probably have occurred if he hadn't moved one of his central midfielders to the right)...

It was down to the usual suspects, Dawson, Deeney, Foster etc. Again. Deeney probably faces depression, the guy has had enough of this shit, year after year...

Watford fans? You don't want to be in their position, my friend, trust me. Watford are probably the second worse team in the league, Vila being the worst (after having spent a fortune in the transfer market last summer, by the way). They've contributed absolute zero to the game this season, and they're both worse than Norwich, who paid severely for their inexperience and naivety, as far as I am concerned. Now how about looking a bit higher at the table? Sheffield Utd and Burnley have 54 points, both above Arsenal (!!!). Southampton have 49 points. I could go on but I'll stop here. That's 3 clubs already, like 15 (!) and 20 (!) points above Watford, respectively, comfortably surviving the PL this season. An outcome which has very little (or nothing, according to my humble opinion) to do with quality in terms of personnel. It's not exactly the superiority of Sean Dyche's human resources the factor justifying that 20 points gap between the two clubs, is it? The answers have to be sought elsewhere...

That's how complicated modern football can be. And that's how clueless and incompetent Watford's management is...

Nice one. Double R. At games this season I have been shouting "well done Len or come on Lennie." Nobody knew what I was talking about.Len Cantello starred for West Brom in the 70/80s. Think he was a Manchester lad together with Tony Brown. Would make a good thread.
[

I was the same but the lads I sit with are a certain age so they knew what 'Len' meant :-) Very good player and a City fan too

SolId performance , no frills ..... a bit like banging our heads on a wall for twenty minutes or so , then Raheems thunderbolt opened the floodgates .... pity Jesus's header didn't count , that was quite some 'goal'!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.