Watford (A) - Post-Match Thread

I hope you all realise what a set of lucky buggers we are??

You'll be telling your grandchildren about this team under Pep, just like the oldies who wax lyrically about Bell, Summerbee, Lee, pardoe and Phil Jones......

I threw a bit of a quiz in there, can you spot who it was?

But anyhow we should count ourselves very very lucky.
I get told about Summerbee, Bell, Lee. Denis Law's goal against United! By my Dad.

I had to suffer Nicky Summerbee, Alan Kernaghan and David Brightwell with the highlights being the Kinky, the Goat, (always had a soft spot for Andy Morrison). I could probably name a bazillion next big things that played for us that maybe reached 5 starts and 10 sub appearances before they disappeared again!

Of course George Weah played for us for a moment in time :D Does anyone remember Kakhaber Tskhadadze (I did have to google spelling).

I don't have children but it will be impossible to explain the pain of driving up with your Dad from Cornwall to use your Season ticket game after game, year after year to maybe win a game a couple of times a season!

Great team performance again..Bernie was outstanding.
Raz had a good game and looks like he's getting back to his best.
Grealish had a decent game and the positions he took up created space for the other players..granted he should have scored a couple but the goals will come soon.
The defence looked very good too..Rod had another good game...
Thought the ref was decent for a change but could and should have give Cathcart a red for that nasty foul on Gabby.
Watford keeper kept the score down and looks a decent player.
If we had taken our chances it would have been double figures.
Loved the Dias chant ...it was very loud and the City fans were great.

Just back. Fans were exceptional tonight - like Bernardo....best song, when the Watford 'fans' started to head home with 20 mins left to play; 'Is this the Etihad?, is this the Etihad?....'

Why?

We've just gone top of the league.

and Sterling's form in the last couple of games has gone from strength to strength. Why pick on him? He is creating far more than Grealish at the moment and deserves his starts
I agree he’s improved the last few games, today he was decent and caused them problems with his pace but against top class opposition he we can’t afford his poor decision making and sloppy finishing.

You know what we didn’t even play that well, foden, Walker, Grealish, Sterling ok but not great, what a team we are. If a forward comes I think it could upset the style and build up, granted we might score some of these chances but I think we’ll create less.

This is why tackles from behind were outlawed. They are inherently dangerous.
it was so blatant. One of the commentators said 'no intent'. No intent? Christ if I took someone out on the high street by kicking their achilles tendon I would be charged with GBH.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.