Watford (A) - Post-Match Thread

Not been on the matchday forum for years but had a look in today. Fuck me the Grealish bashing was terrible. Thought the lad played really well, seems to me like he is becoming the new Raz. Wait till he scores a few and shuts the fuckers up. CTID
Grealish played very well. Anxious in front of goal once or twice, but he’s taking up good positions in a team a million miles more advanced than the shit he’s been used to so far in his career. Early days, but I’m hopeful.

Bernardo is on a different planet at the moment. So good to see!!

Straightforward win and go top. Can’t help thinking we missed out though in a title race that might go down to goal difference. Sloppy second half.
Starting to worry about goal difference in December and chasing goals because of that is the quickest way to making silly decisions that will ultimately cost us imo. Win the game you are playing, focus on the next one, keep playing our game, don't think beyond that and let's see where we are in the spring.

Last edited:
I don’t want a striker

there I said it

Opposing centre backs haven't a rashers who to pick up. Of the outfield 10, we wouldn't expect goals from the centre backs, Walker and dare I say it, Rodri but all else are well capable. May take us a few more chances than it might with an out and out number 9 but over the 90, the way we're playing it'll be hard for anyone to beat us & if they do, they won't deserve it!

I wasn't convinced on Kane. His record is great and he looks like he'll pass Shearer but how good a fit would he be to our style of play? For the fee it'd take, his selling price in 3-4 years wouldn't be worth it.

Its getting annoying hearing pundits harp on every week about our need for a striker. Now we're top and with the run of games we have, that talk might cool. Press on lads and make top spot our own. Was annoyed Liverpool dug it out earlier but not a bad day after all. Mendy had been so reliable for Chelsea. The wobbler he had today he might not shake for a while

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.