Watford (a) post-match

Thought Watford were the first tema that didnt completely park the bus against us

Great display and a great weekend so far with both Spurs and Liverpool dropping points at home (both drawing).....just need Everton to defend for the lives like they did against us tomorrow and CHelski to slip up.

What an away day.
Away Support in great voice and spirits

Match ratings:
Ederson - 7 - Not much to do but what he did, he did well

Walker - 8 - powerful defending and attacking, barely a foot wrong
Stones - 9 - Wed night seems to have kicked him on - strong and composed
Otamendi - 8 - no 2 footed lunges, and a goal to boot! (Or head)
Mendy - 7 - Don't think we have seen the best of him yet, but even now he's a massive upgrade on last season

Ferry - 8 - Great cover for the back 4 when needed
Sterling - 7.5 - never hid despite some mistakes, and showed his cahones talking the penalty off 3 goal Aguero. Keep at it lad
Silva - 7 - kept us rocking over, never lost possession
KDB - 9.5 (MOTM) - is there a better midfielder in the world right now?

Jesus - 8 - seemed on fringes but got his goal and linked up well
Aguero - 9 - could have had 6, got 3, assisted and frightened them to death. A fitting holder-in-waiting of our greatest ever goal scorer title

Pep - 9 - That'll do pig, that'll do

OMFG, the most deluded Watford fan ever is on 5 Live blaming the match officials. Just WTF? As if the Dipperpool bullshit weren't enough. Mind you Robbie Savage is saying it should have been 10 and the Watford fan has just agreed. I love this week.

We have an insanely impressive squad. So many young players who are among the best in the world in their positions. Jesus, Bernardo, Ederson, Sane, Sterling, Stones, Mendy, KDB etc....Combine that with the more experienced players like Silva, Gundogan, Walker, Aguero, Fernandinho, Otamendi and Kompany.

I can't even imagine how good we will be next season if Pep adds his ideal pivot, a CB and perhaps Sanchez to this squad? It's only going to get better from here if Guardiola continues to get the backing in the transfer market.

He has shown with his signings so far that he knows exactly what he wants. And it's showing on the pitch.

What a day.

To be honest I was expecting a tough game. It would of been typical City for us to draw this game. Thought we would win but 6-0, WOW.

A professional performance against an undefeated Watford side away from home after coming back from Holland. Class.

Stand out players for me were:

Kun- motm, world class, we are watching the best ever version of Sergio. Scoring world class goals for fun, partipating in the build up, assisting, making much better decisions overall.

De bruyne- a complete performance, gave absolutely everything both offensively and defensively. Assisting, creating chances, winning the ball back, making tackles, working hard.

Walker-cut out so many attacks, excellent defensivly, intelligent passing and movement. Wonderful to have him, no offense to Zaba a legend but to go from him and Sagna to Walker is usually only possible in dreams. Going to be a big player for us.

Other positives- Stones great again, I am big Otamendi critic but he was good today and finally scored. Gundogan is finally back and played a delightful pass right after coming on. Can't wait to see him fully fit. Bernardo got some more game time with is crucial. Jesus scored again and was good again overall, good pace to win the ball and pre assist the Kun tap in.

Negatives- our defending from set pieces is not the best. This is really our only main weakness, we need to work on this.

It's going to be a special season.

CTID.

Our defending from set pieces is good. All teams let the odd chance from a set piece, its inevitable. Can't remember to many goals were we've conceded from set pieces since peps arrived. Bakayako against Monaco, I'm sure there's more but our defending is fine from a set piece point of view.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.