Watford Away

I dont miss many games, do all euro aways fa cup aways and I'd say 95%of league games Have done for years. I don't do all league cup always I admit I pick and choose these. I qualify on first day for every game...... but not this year. Somehow I have been over taken. So let's say 2 league cup and say 3 league games I miss, that's 200 points missing based on platinum,I'm missing out by almost 1500 points. How can that be? There arnt that many games for those people to catch up.
For the first time ever I'll bet I don't get a rag ticket for maybe 2 or 3 days into the sale. I'm not that arsed I hate the place and with my scooter I can see it being a mare but it doesn't bode well who will be below my point level. It's going wrong somewhere.
Oh and it won't be the ticket office,I reckon it's a nightmare for them too. You can see them look at the instructions and them thinking ffs what about proper blues.

Me and the wife are similar to you based on last 15 years. Easily done an average of 12 domestic aways a season and done loads of Euro away games, per season friendlies and cup games home or away. But now we hardly get a sniff in but like good little mugs we still pay platinum.

Liverpool away last season was the one real time where we looked at each other and were wondering what the fuck is going on. Hardly a manc or even northern accent around us. The general twang was that of West Virginia or some other gaff nowhere near Manchester. 'All the City people are drinking and singing down there' was one cringey comment I overheard a woman say to her rucksack wearing partner.

The success and top quality football we now see is quality but it's come at a price for your average season ticket holder that can't or doesn't want to do every single game.

Platinum, tunnel club, joes, no direct contact with a club representative, goal face shit, the website, regular increases in your season ticket, queuing to get in the ground and no transparency with the away ticket allocation are all things that have really diluted my affection for the club over the last few years.

Agree completely

I think it will pan out that I reduce the games I do but make a week end of it, cost a bit more but just don't do as many. I realise i'll be over taken but I have a had a good run. maybe if I get my legs back I can start doing a few more but as of now they are hard work. Brighton although a great place was a mission and I was knackered once I got home.
the euro games will be fun lol.

I think it will pan out that I reduce the games I do but make a week end of it, cost a bit more but just don't do as many. I realise i'll be over taken but I have a had a good run. maybe if I get my legs back I can start doing a few more but as of now they are hard work. Brighton although a great place was a mission and I was knackered once I got home.
the euro games will be fun lol.

I think the week after Brighton has been a struggle for may of us Bill. Good to see you in Wetherspoons.

Anyway, if you get any hassle at the Derby on your mobility scooter please let me know. Fred the Red was pissed up in Megabites on Sunday night, claiming that Tue rags had won the title (after beating West Ham) and saying Moonchester is a ****. Fred might need to be pulled down a peg or two later in the season lol

I'm sure I'm not the only one who's thoroughly fed up with our bullshit away ticketing policy. 37 years of regularly going to away games (usually around a dozen league trips a season), 20 years as a season ticket holder (including the last 15 consecutively, and platinum from when the scheme started), and yet instead of gaining ground on those above me through natural wastage, I fall further shy of the asking levels every year - a full 1000 points adrift for this particular game, which I don't doubt will see Thai tour groups and 'City in the City' guests in plentiful abundance. It's a big bag of stinking bizz!

Don't get me started. My attendance at games peaked when we were crap. The seasons when I attended the most league games were probably in the lower divisions. I've never attended every game in a season but IIRC missing only four games was my best effort back then. The Loyalty point era has coincided with both the advent of having children and living 180 miles from MCR so it would be really useful to be able to go to some games that are relatively close by - I can easily drive to Watford in under an hour when the M25 is a road and not a car park or even a good run cross country. This is my 45th consecutive season as a season ticket holder. The last 27 of those years lived in the Thames Valley. I don’t think it’s too much to ask to have a half decent chance of still being able to get a ticket for a “local” game.

There is a connection with our away Vocal support. Not long ago it was great, now it's not as good.

We have become something for the want of better words a club that some middle class fans, day trippers or whoray Henrys want to follow. At Brighton a bloke and his lady friend were stood next to me and it was obvious they were new to it all and the accents were as far from Manchester as you could get.

It has affected the atmosphere at away games. The concourse can get rocking but once in the ground we split up.

We have become something for the want of better words a club that some middle class fans, day trippers or whoray Henrys want to follow. At Brighton a bloke and his lady friend were stood next to me and it was obvious they were new to it all and the accents were as far from Manchester as you could get.

It has affected the atmosphere at away games. The concourse can get rocking but once in the ground we split up.
Oh do fuck off with that shite, I've been going to games for over 30 years and not got a northern accent, I suppose you'd think I'm a JCL too?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.