Watford (H) | EFL Cup | Post Match Thread

The Boys in Blue didn't give in, they fought to the end. Thank you City, thank you lads, thank you fans. You showed 'em, you showed 'em all and did us proud.
You especially showed the little buzzy Hornets. Sorry guys don't try it on with Manchester City. :-)
Especially the know nowt, alleged media types who can't tell when they are watching genius. They will still slag us off but we did it again. :-)
Especially the Specsavers needing, whistle blowing numpties who still have not recognised that no matter what mess you throw at us we will still bounce back. We did it tonight with a 16 yr old lad on the pitch and still you won't admit who we are!
WE ARE MANCHESTER CITY THE BEST TEAM IN THE LAND AND ALL THE WORLD.

Well played each and every one of that team. You were put together as a form of makeshift but you were great. You get that we are City and we want to win everything. :-)
Kyle Walker, you played 90 minutes on Sunday and another 90 minutes tonight and both times you were Captain with that responsibility and you passed with flying colours as far as I'm concerned. Thanks Kyle.

John Boy, what can I say? A great game and looking after the youngsters as well. Plus (ner, ner, ne, ner, ner to the ones who were convinced you would get injured) you didn't get injured and you will be back to play next time as well.

Great stuff, I can retire to my bed happy, but I must remember to take my scarf off first. :-)

The ability of Nunes to stop putting in effort and fade completely out of a game knows no bounds.
He was considerably better than OK till the last 30 mins - he had even scored and was one of my contenders for MOTM.
Then he just stopped.
Indeed, he may as well have gone off for all the effort he put in at the end.
Just pathetic.

Somewhat disappointing performance. Not entirely surprising with such a youthful lineup and Foden getting back up to speed. I thought Braithwaite did okay but doesn't look ready for senior football, he was beaten too easily by Baah quite a few times, especially for the disallowed goal and gave the ball away needlessly a few times too - he did grow into the game though and looked better as it went on. Walker looked mostly back to his old self until the goal, which was his fault. O'Reilly looked good but had shaky moments. Foden definitely not at full match fitness yet but had some moments. Doku in the first half, and even more so Savinho in the second were constant threats. Grealish had a very good game. Lewis absolutely superb. Great to see Nunes nab his first goal.

Ortega 5
Walker 5
Stones 6
Braithwaite 5.5
Lewis 9
O'Reilly 7
McAtee 6.5
Nunes 7
Grealish 8
Doku 7.5
Foden 6.5

Savinho 8
Wright, Gvardiol N/A

Somewhat disappointing performance. Not entirely surprising with such a youthful lineup and Foden getting back up to speed. I thought Braithwaite did okay but doesn't look ready for senior football, he was beaten too easily by Baah quite a few times, especially for the disallowed goal and gave the ball away needlessly a few times too - he did grow into the game though and looked better as it went on. Walker looked mostly back to his old self until the goal, which was his fault. O'Reilly looked good but had shaky moments. Foden definitely not at full match fitness yet but had some moments. Doku in the first half, and even more so Savinho in the second were constant threats. Grealish had a very good game. Lewis absolutely superb. Great to see Nunes nab his first goal.

Ortega 5
Walker 5
Stones 6
Braithwaite 5.5
Lewis 9
O'Reilly 7
McAtee 6.5
Nunes 7
Grealish 8
Doku 7.5
Foden 6.5

Savinho 8
Wright, Gvardiol N/A
Job done with some key players rested. Tbh I would not have been heartbroken with an early exit from this cup with all the other ones we are going for in 2025. Main reason for winning this is just to try and leave the rags potless.

Lewis, Grealish best for me. Few more very good too, Savinho for sure. Stones, Doku, Foden, McAtee looking better and better.

Talk about bitter aftertaste when whole game been strong and creative, but find themselves worried about loosing at the Etihad to Watford (who fought great and till the end). In reality, its been only few minutes after the goal really. We been very dangerous, some great plays and combinations, sometimes so unlucky.

But, yeah, we need more goals, we need more people with numbers (yeah Grealish my dear, talking to you, when really love your output without numbers anyway). After all, Haaland cannot be our only goal scorer.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.