Watford (H) | Post-Match Thread

Enlighten me. I'm not saying he is poor. All
I am saying is that he isn't really bringing anything to the team that many others in our squad could do. But I genuinely hope next season or even in the remaining games we see him perform like we thought he would.
I sort of agree with you. His reputation is as a skilful, dribbler who can take teams apart and every time he gets it I’m thinking “go on Jacky boy show what you can do” but all too often it’s a damp squib or safe pass. But on the other side he keeps us ticking over and is currently part of a great team and also has the type of world class competition that must have come as a shock.
However, you can’t hide the price tag so I’m hoping and quite confident next season will be better.
For one thing , great as KDB is, next season I don’t think we can play him game after game so I’d expect a different style from us and Grealish to sometimes play more centrally

I sort of agree with you. His reputation is as a skilful, dribbler who can take teams apart and every time he gets it I’m thinking “go on Jacky boy show what you can do” but all too often it’s a damp squib or safe pass. But on the other side he keeps us ticking over and is currently part of a great team and also has the type of world class competition that must have come as a shock.
However, you can’t hide the price tag so I’m hoping and quite confident next season will be better.
For one thing , great as KDB is, next season I don’t think we can play him game after game so I’d expect a different style from us and Grealish to sometimes play more centrally
If KDB can avoid getting crocked - which is a big if - he should have a couple of great years left in him. Apart from the ball for Jesus's 2nd goal, he broke out of defence in the first half and played an unbelievable ball, left footed, about 50/60 yards perfectly into space for, I think, Sterling to run onto. That was the pass of the day, and the highlight of the match for me, until Rodi's thunderbastard!
More tomorrow; I can feel it in my water!

Enlighten me. I'm not saying he is poor. All
I am saying is that he isn't really bringing anything to the team that many others in our squad could do. But I genuinely hope next season or even in the remaining games we see him perform like we thought he would.
It is uncannily familiar to Mahrez first season.
Two things the opposition don’t want him to do.
1/ get to the byline and pull it back or square it
2/ cut in and create a shooting chance for himself

when they close down his space. Grealish gives that space to somebody else.

what is more telling though. Is when he cuts inside.
he leaves acres. And when the shot is closed off. Drops the ball off and that player passes to the player drifting into the space left behind by Grealish.

he’s intelligent a team player a great passer of the ball.
that’s him being cautious in his first season.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.