Watford (H) Pre-Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would rather see a 4 1 4 1 formation as Gundogan and Silva are not working, the speed of passing is way to slow. In this game we need speed from wide as we only ever got behind Leicester once Sterling came on. Navas is fast but too indecisive when he has not got space to run into. My selection

Cabellero
Kolorov(play as a full back!) Stones, Otto, Zaba
Fernando
Sane, Toure KDB, Sterling
Iheanacho

We need pace and fluidity Silva & Gundogan to join the bench as Toure is a greater goal threat.

for what its worth id go with this

-----------Bravo---------(any more dire performances though and he should be dropped)

Sagna ----Stones----Otto-------Clichy (been poor but Kolarov is a disgrace)

--------Fernando ---Ilky-----

Sterling --------Silva----------Nolito

---------------Kdb---------------------------

You could switch KDB and Nolito around or drop one of them and add in Nacho.....for me it would be KDB that drops to the bench as he has been poor and worse than Silva recently.

We all know however that Pep will go with a back 3 and we will get hit on the break or over the top and that Kolarov will again play and be exposed due to his complete lack of defensive responsibility, positioning or awareness. 78% possession for us

2 attacks for them and 2 goals

Silva 2 assists no goals in the league this season and De Bryune 2 goals and 7 assists ?

Bravo/Willy (Could not give a sh*t which one plays if im totally honest)
Sagna
Stones
Otamendi
Delph (If he is fit at all of course)

Zabaleta

Nolito
KDB
Gundogan
Sterling

Sane

Fernando has proven over the course of his stint here he is simply not fit for this level. Atrocious against Spurs when given his chance and he does do a sort-of job when he comes on for the last 20 but he cannot play the pivot/deep role AND cover defensively. Zaba did Ok against celtic and I just trust the man and his influence over the soft bellied fernando
Plenty of energy in this line up and I think Sane is a real threat but not consistent in games yet obviously. The kind of game I wish we had Gabriel Jesus fit for as the Watford back 2 are painfully slow.

I may be wrong but I thought Pereyra still has his ban after his Red on saturday. He is far, far, far and away their best footballer and would walk into our side right now.
Lucky he is out. PS, Ighalo hasnt scored for about 47 years so he will bag, thats for sure

Confident we will turn it around soon though, I have faith in the manager, if not the players.

Can't believe this many people are hammering Stones so much. Should he had gone to Chelsea he'd be doing great now. Playing with Kolarov who hasn't a clue at CB a goal keeper who never makes a save and two awful full backs isn't the way to learn your trade. Also David Silva may not score much , neither does Modric or Iniesta more to midfielder than goals he is the conductor of the orchestra! Unfortunately he is conducting Fernando et al

Think most teams change.the way.they usually set up n play against us if pep is watching games of these teams there's no way they play the same when they come to us it's all sit behind the ball n play counter attack .
Exactly. So why the bloody hell do we keep getting caught by counter attacks.

Hey, onwards and upwards to a 5-0 home win!

Troy Deeney has been stuck on 99 goals for Watford, he's going through a barron run and we'll obviously help him to break it.

4 at the back Pep and bring back Nolito!

Thing is that Deeney needs one more goal to reach 100 so it will be against us.

However, Ighalo has recently exposed himself as a pretty average player so he's also likely to score a hat-trick.

I'd go for:

Bravo
Sagna
Otamendi
Stones
Kolarov
Gundogan
Silva
De Bruyne
Nolito
Sterling
Iheanacho

Personally believe that side picks its self for Watford, then again for Arsenal.
Possibly Clichy for Kolarov.

Get all our players back in the positions they were performing so well in.

Last edited:
Thing is that Deeney needs one more goal to reach 100 so it will be against us.

However, Ighalo has recently exposed himself as a pretty average player so he's also likely to score a hat-trick.
So just the 5 goals needed then? Enter Nacho, Yaya, Kev.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.