Watford (h) pre-match thread

Watford (h) prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Given that the Dipper's played away at Napoli on Tuesday, and we played in the arse end of nowhere on Wednesday, I find it very 'strange' that the PL have scheduled our match for tomorrow at 3 and the Dipper's Sunday at 4:30 (albeit away to the Chav's).

I still think we'll beat them, but it does appear the PL schedulers are not being particularly fair.

Fixtures were done in June/July. Tv scheduling for this weekend was done before the champions league draw was even made. we also both played last Saturday meaning they had a days less rest prior to the game than us for a much tougher fixture. there’s absolutely nothing suspect about it

Be a tight game and they'll give us problems but we should out score them for the win.

Pep Guardiola on the last week: "After what happened in the last years, there has to be perspective. I didn’t have doubts. It’s your problem when you say we can’t lose because we know we can lose. Tomorrow we have the feeling we can lose..."

"When we lose one game in the Premier League, why should we have doubts? I didn’t have doubts after one defeat because they have shown many, many times they can do it."

Pep Guardiola has reiterated that Aymeric Laporte will be out for five or six months, while John Stones will be out for a month.

No other concerns. we will see how the players feel before making the selection tomorrow.

Pep Guardiola on the defence: "I said we don’t have many other options. Two young players we trust a lot. Eric [Garcia] is training last season with us. Harwood-Bellis trained in pre-season and we will count on them..."

Pep Guardiola: "I spoke with Mikel and Rodo and my staff [after Norwich]. They help me to find the best solution for what happened. After watching the game, I wasn't upset with the way we played. I was upset against Newcastle [last season]."

Pep Guardiola on losing: "I lose many times. The only way to survive is to win and we have won a lot. That’s a consequence of what can improve. What you’ve done in the past does not mean you can do it in the future..."

Pep Guardiola on the FA Cup final last season: "We played knowing we could be part of something unique in English football history. We played in that position and had a few problems at the beginning. We were relaxed and won the Premier League..."

"Now it’s totally different, it’s the beginning of the season and they have changed their manager. I saw their game against Arsenal and the second half was incredible the way they played..."

Pep Guardiola on Gabriel Jesus: "Maybe he will be involved tomorrow. He's an incredible player. His behaviour in training sessions is incredible. He has to fight for a position with a legend [Sergio] but he accepts it. My praise for him is over the moon."

"With Gabriel I say 'just be patient'. When he plays, I know he does absolutely everything. He's a young striker with an incredible future for this club."

PEP To sub @aguerosergiokun you have to have a top player. I am so delighted with the strikers. When @gabrieljesus33 plays, he does absolutely everything. Like he did in Ukraine, not just for the goal, he fights and plays.

Play the same back four as Wednesday tomorrow, Cancelo and Mendy to start in the cup and then we should have some rotation of the full backs

Glad to read what Pep said of Gabby. 28m for him is a steal in this market. In 2 years he might cost 280m. Great talent and top mentality.

Holy shit I thought we paid much more for him! £28m that changes my entire view on Jesus. God knows why I thought we paid more.

Imagine working for pep. It must be a joy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.