Wayne Bridge, case for the defence

Corky said:
Bigga said:
Hmm. Nice effort, but flawed.

Bridge was never covered? Yes, he was. By a quality defender called Nedum. Often when Bridge went walkies, Neds slotted in. When Bridge was brushed aside like a 5year old child, Neds covered. Bridge is SUPPOSED to be covered by DJ, really, but Neds does it.

So, how are you blaming Rob for that??

You need 3 tin hats.

Oh and possibly a tin foiled hat to stop radio waves from aliens...

He is on about the oppositions right full back, that should be Robinho's job to mark, that is how 4 3 3 works.

That might well be, but you conveniently ignore my other points about the fella. Robby's the easy target to blame and you all do it. Bridge is never blamed for his poor positioning, lack of tracking his man so he knows where he is around the pen box, never blamed for being too easy to get around, never blamed for not putting in a tackle.

Neds always covers him and that never gets mentioned. I don't know what you lot see in Bridge. I really don't.

You have to wonder why he was edged out at Ch£l$ki and out of his England place.

Because he's better going forward than back... Is the correct answer.

what annoys me the most about bridge is his reluctance to put in a tackle. Too often he will stand off the attacker waiting for him to make the move, and 9 times out of 10 he'll get beaten.

I agree he will have a good season this campaign, but he was average last season, was good at the attacking side but couldnt mark a bingo card in my opinion

What is this? Open season on Bridge, or something? FFS! The guy's an England international and only played about half a season.

He's one of us now, so let's give him a bit of time before we shoot the poor fucker down in flames, eh?

Bridge will prove his worth this season. We need him bombing down the wing getting the ball in to big Ade and he will know that Barry is a clever enough player to fill in behind him.

Barry is key, but Bridge will be Englands left back in the world cup mark my words.

johnmc said:
Bridge will prove his worth this season. We need him bombing down the wing getting the ball in to big Ade and he will know that Barry is a clever enough player to fill in behind him.

Barry is key, but Bridge will be Englands right back in the world cup mark my words.

Right back?!!

Jnr Kisby said:
johnmc said:

Barry is key, but Bridge will be Englands right back in the world cup mark my words.

Right back?!!

that would be some achievment!

You can tell already that Bridge is next in line for the boo-boys. There's always going to be one, even if we win things.

I totally agree with the original post, too. Bridge is a fine player who had a difficult job to do last year. Why someone is going on about Onouha "covering him" is totally beyond me.

In our 4-3-3 formation the fullbacks are required to bomb forwards and link up with our inside forwards. When that happens then defensive players fill in if we lose posession and the fullback has not got back yet. Robinho loses the ball frequently when we attack, meaning that happens quite a lot. It is not Bridge's fault, he's doing his job as is Onuuha or whoever covers.

He made a few errors last year, as players do, but he improved us significantly in my opinion. And he's good enough for a top 4 team for me. The only reason he lost his Chelsea and England place is because Ashley Cole is one of the best left backs in Europe.

He will be absolutely fine unless our numpties get on his back.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.