Wayne Bridge last night was excellent

remoh said:
Danamy said:
It's no coincidence that this season he has looked a lot better with Bellers in front of him.
There striking a great partnership and understanding and long may it continue.
I don't think the partnership should be broken if it's working even on Robbie's return, i think Robbie would be good in the Tevez role if he's not performing?

The pace and fitness that both Bridgey + Bellers showed last night will concern most teams this season!!
-
Good post this imo, but he does need to cut out the hopeful hoofing and he's not the only one. Top four sides don't do that.

Yeah agreed there. I do think he is an honest player who always gives 100%. He's got his critics but I think he will end up being key to us.

for me bridge has played brilliant all season,the reason maybe hes just settled in,had a good preseason,fitter etc...maybe its just the fact that he is now playing to his potential.
i believe he`s inthe top three left backs inthe prem,who ever you put infront of him wether its bellamy,robinho or petrov he is still going to play better than he did last season.

Been brilliant all season hasn't had a bad game yet, i even voted him player of the last 2 months on the city website. He's settled now and is proving what a quality player he is.

Yeah Bridge was great last night, he has been very good all season so far tbh.

Probably the most consistent player this season so far with Given, he hasn't had amazing games like the Bellamy's, de Jong's, but he's been good in them all so far where the better players have had the odd quiet game. Still can't believe people were saying Garrido was better than him ha ha ha ha.

He's been brilliant all season. Looking like a very good buy at the minute. Hughes has pulled of some right business in the transfer market.

Zab, Shay, Bellers, Bridge, Vinnie along with the obvious ones.

Bridge is, and has always been, a very good left back.
A lot of Chelsea fans have openly said they were sorry to see him go but realised that A.Cole was their managers first choice.
Last year, bridge admitted himself that he wasnt 100% fully match fit for the most part.
Also, living in a hotel, with his wife and baby still living in the south didnt help him to settle in and performances were obviously affected...............although living in a suite at the Lowry and my missus and kids 250 miles away would work wonders for me !! LOL
Anyway, he's now settled in a new house, a good pre-season, fully match fit and with the combination of Lescott, Barry and Bellemy down that left side he's not getting as exposed as last season and we are now reaping the rewards.
Im sure Hughes may try Lescott at left back if he wants Kompany to play CH but for the moment Bridge is proving to be one of the top 3 left backs in the premiership.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.