Wayne Bridge & Santa Cruz

Both impact/statement of intent signings.

At the time we weren't being taken very seriously,we were a mid table team who had won the lottery.The only players we were going to attract were the mercernary,high wage type,short term fixes that would hopefully give us a leg up to the next step.

Along with the others signed at the time,the strategy kind of worked,as their arrival signalled our serious ambitions and helped attract the better quality further down the line.

It was a high price to pay as only now are we getting their absurd wages off the books,however,it was probably also an evil necessity.

I actually find the signings of Kolarov,Garcia,Maicon and Sinclair far more bizarre.Players that we didn't need to sign as they are far from good enough,especially as we were already shopping in Harrods.

We'll do well to shift them.

philwrightphillips said:
BoyBlue_1985 said:
Danny Mills
Matias Vuoso
Jo
Bianchi
Corradi
Trebelsi
Dabo

Trabelsi wasn't too bad for a freebie.

Scored against United although we lost 1-3

I know and it was a cracking goal but he was probably on about £30k a week to get past injuries fixed by the club

FantasyIreland said:
Both impact/statement of intent signings.

At the time we weren't being taken very seriously,we were a mid table team who had won the lottery.The only players we were going to attract were the mercernary,high wage type,short term fixes that would hopefully give us a leg up to the next step.

Along with the others signed at the time,the strategy kind of worked,as their arrival signalled our serious ambitions and helped attract the better quality further down the line.

It was a high price to pay as only now are we getting their absurd wages off the books,however,it was probably also an evil necessity.

I actually find the signings of Kolarov,Garcia,Maicon and Sinclair far more bizarre.Players that we didn't need to sign as they are far from good enough,especially as we were already shopping in Harrods.

We'll do well to shift them.

All Mancini signings. What a surprise...

Just let it go now eh?

The Flash said:

Just let it go now eh?

Given the fact he has been our manager for the past 3 years,why does that shock you?

Get your head out of your arse.

FantasyIreland said:
The Flash said:

Just let it go now eh?

Given the fact he has been our manager for the past 3 years,why does that shock you?

Get your head out of your arse.
I have never known you,ever once,give him credit for any good signings.
You just ramble on about bad buys.

I would agree with Fantasy Ireland that Maicon and Sinclair were a bit pointless but they were both a bit of a panic buy. I can however understand the reasoning behind the signings even if I don't agree with it.

Garcia and Kolarov both came to the club with reputations as being good talented players both for their club domestically and in europe and they on paper had the attributes we needed. We overpaid for them but we have on nearly every signing we have made since the takeover. That comes with the territory.

As it turns out Kolarov and Garcia lack the speed and mobility to adapt to the premier league, Garcia however I feel should be allowed some more time. Kolarov has had plenty and proven he just isn't good enough.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.