Wayne Bridge.....where was he when Kaboul....

MaineDAWG2008

..crossed the ball?

Ball watching?
Forgot his defending duties?
Or just plain lazy...and only gives a f**k about his pay cheque?

Time and time again, i cant help but think back to when Younes Kaboul had the ball and took on Bellars. How did he manage to run at our midfielder and cross the ball without being challenge by Bridge. why the f**k wayne bridge had'nt closed him down also and doubled up with bellars rather than standing there and waiting for Kaboul to take him on.

It wasnt exactly that there was 2 on 2. It was 1 on 2.

gutted......!! I just sit there and think.....if only. :'(

A number of you's have mentioned adebayor or swp the culprit. Me......well i used to be a full back few years ago for a local sunday league. And cant help but point the blame at Bridge and Zab. Both are poor. Well Zab has had some good games this season, but come on. Wayne Bridge is not good enuff to pull on a city shirt. Sell him!!!!

Too many mistakes this year, saw him recently against Villa. His positioning off the ball is non existent. Too many players get sucked into ball watching, and he is the master at it.

I know its the past now, but this seriously needs addressing.

Am happy with Nedum or Micah for right full back spot.

Mancini - Bridge/Garrido must be sold.

I don't like laying blame at the feet of players, but I'm sure the cross came in from our left because we failed to have two men on two of theirs on our right a moment earlier.

Would happily see the back of Bridge. A huge disappointment ever since he signed. Apparently also refused Roberto's handshake at the end of the game. Let him fuck off to Miami and pretend to be a playboy. Taye Taiwo or Aly Cissohko would be hungrier and better

The first ball across came from Bale on the left because he was able to get in behind too easy and Bridge was in a good position at the back post to defend the ball from Bale however it went all the way across to the touchline where Kaboul picked it up and Bellamy should have stood him up instead of making a terrible attempt at a tackle and he ended up getting in a crossing position

If we're playing the blame game then we've got to look at Bellamy and our right sided midfielder who failed to get back and cover for Zabaleta who had both Bale and Assou Ekotto up against him

It was only an average performance from Bridge this season, He is only a squad player at best, I think we definetly have to strenghten our left-back position next season.

I was originally pleased with the Bridge signing but feel he has been a big disappointment. I realise that he has been injured but this doesn't excuse his positional frailties. As others have posted, he needs to be replaced before next season.

We didn't deserve the game I accept that.

But I really want Bridge gone, not good enough in any way...

zab is suspect too, lots of effort but I think we need to take it to the next level in our fullbacks.

MaineDAWG2008 said:
..crossed the ball?

Ball watching?
Forgot his defending duties?
Or just plain lazy...and only gives a f**k about his pay cheque?

Time and time again, i cant help but think back to when Younes Kaboul had the ball and took on Bellars. How did he manage to run at our midfielder and cross the ball without being challenge by Bridge. why the f**k wayne bridge had'nt closed him down also and doubled up with bellars rather than standing there and waiting for Kaboul to take him on.

It wasnt exactly that there was 2 on 2. It was 1 on 2.

gutted......!! I just sit there and think.....if only. :'(

A number of you's have mentioned adebayor or swp the culprit. Me......well i used to be a full back few years ago for a local sunday league. And cant help but point the blame at Bridge and Zab. Both are poor. Well Zab has had some good games this season, but come on. Wayne Bridge is not good enuff to pull on a city shirt. Sell him!!!!

Too many mistakes this year, saw him recently against Villa. His positioning off the ball is non existent. Too many players get sucked into ball watching, and he is the master at it.

I know its the past now, but this seriously needs addressing.

Am happy with Nedum or Micah for right full back spot.

Mancini - Bridge/Garrido must be sold.

well i used to be a full back few years ago for a local sunday league
=================
made my day that one.... :-)

The lad is poor in defence and poor in attack, that position should definitely be a high priority during the window.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.