Wayne Bridge.....where was he when Kaboul....

Failsworth_Blue said:
The first ball across came from Bale on the left because he was able to get in behind too easy and Bridge was in a good position at the back post to defend the ball from Bale however it went all the way across to the touchline where Kaboul picked it up and Bellamy should have stood him up instead of making a terrible attempt at a tackle and he ended up getting in a crossing position

If we're playing the blame game then we've got to look at Bellamy and our right sided midfielder who failed to get back and cover for Zabaleta who had both Bale and Assou Ekotto up against him

Exactly this ^^^^^

LongsightM13 said:
Would happily see the back of Bridge. A huge disappointment ever since he signed. Apparently also refused Roberto's handshake at the end of the game. Let him fuck off to Miami and pretend to be a playboy. Taye Taiwo or Aly Cissohko would be hungrier and better

Where did you hear that?

No need to bring all this up again, is there? Pointing accusing fingers at players achieves nothing right now. The game's over and we lost. Forget it. Time to move on and concentrate about the glorious future we have ahead of us instead of thinking about past failures.

Regardless of who did what in the Spurs game, I think Bridge has been a disappointment for us.

When you look at his overall game its not impressive. He doesn't tackle, he can't cross yet races forward at every opportunity, he doesn't score goals (not that you would expect many from a full back!) and is painfully one footed. He's the best left back we have at the club, but his position is one we need to improve on if we want to get in the top four next season.

The game changed when Barry went off injured, barry was helping Bridge cover. I blame barry! ;-)

Lets get real, the TEAM were not up to it. Rome wasn't built in a day and i never expected us to finish in the top 4 this season. It's no longer a matter of if we get 4th, it's a case of when we get 4th. I beleive it will be ours next season, and comfortably too!

Failsworth_Blue said:
The first ball across came from Bale on the left because he was able to get in behind too easy and Bridge was in a good position at the back post to defend the ball from Bale however it went all the way across to the touchline where Kaboul picked it up and Bellamy should have stood him up instead of making a terrible attempt at a tackle and he ended up getting in a crossing position

If we're playing the blame game then we've got to look at Bellamy and our right sided midfielder who failed to get back and cover for Zabaleta who had both Bale and Assou Ekotto up against him

His 'challenge' reminded me of Robinho tbh

ElanJo said:
Failsworth_Blue said:

His 'challenge' reminded me of Robinho tbh

I agree about Bridge, not good enough at any point. Same as the right back - never anywhere as good as the player he replaced.

As for Bellers. He was carrying a back injury after the same player took him out early in the game. They had a plan to do Bellers, and they did just that.
We were not cute enough to pressure both fullbacks after they were on yellow cards for most of the game. We need a cynical edge for next season.

Blumers Bloomers said:
LongsightM13 said:
Would happily see the back of Bridge. A huge disappointment ever since he signed. Apparently also refused Roberto's handshake at the end of the game. Let him fuck off to Miami and pretend to be a playboy. Taye Taiwo or Aly Cissohko would be hungrier and better
Where did you hear that?
Read ht somewhere this morning. Might have been the Guardian. Apparently Mancini has had some problems with Bridge recently, which was the first I've heard of that.

Get him sold. Him, Viera and Ade were straight down the tunnel after the game. Then they all reappeared pretty quickly as though they had been shouted back. Fair play to Viera and Ade they came back to the centre circle and gave us (the fans) a good clap. But this **** got to the touchline and gave a little clap and was straight back down the tunnel. Even after all the support we gave him during all the Terry and his misses saga, he doesn't give a shit about our club or fans, just his wages. Fuck him. I prefer Garrido anyway and he is younger. Bridge is useless at the back and going forward, at least Garrido is good going forward. Sell Bridge and bring in a top left back with Garrido as cover for the weaker teams and Lescott to cover the big games.

Ned and PabZab are the only full backs I'd keep, and for me they'd be back ups. Bridge, Richards and Garrido are gonners for me.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.