wayne bridge

You need to remember that he is always out numbered as Robbie isn't exactly a defensive midfielder. I think he is only getting better with more game time although he did get embarrassed once megged just inside the area.

Maybe if he had a left winger infront of him providing a bit of protection he would be better, he was against 2 players all night cos that lazy sh*t robinho wouldn't track back!!

Bigga said:
coleridge said:
He didn't seem 100%. Neither did Kompany.

Anyway, as Hamburg doubled up on him and Joll realised that Robinho wouldn't track back enough [not a criticism but just a fact], then he was clearly exposed all night, particualrly against their best player. With respect, some of you should watch the game more and moan less.

So... You're basing opinion on the 'injured' part of the season?? And before that? Oh yeah, 'he wasn't match fit'...!! Gimme a fooking break! This guy's getting as many excuses as Hughes is!!

I'll give you a 'fooking break' when you respond to the points raised in my post rather than attempt to impose your personal review of the season on me. If you do not understand that playing Robinho on the left [it appears to be his choice on not MH's] exposes the LB, then I can do no more for you, my friend.

You lot want to compare how good Bridge is? OK --> try Allborg when he went off injured and Hamburg when he went off injured??? Garrido might as well not bothered as he was a shambles.

Bridge gets no support in front unlike SWP supporting the clown playing at right back.

I give up

coleridge said:
Bigga said:
coleridge said:
He didn't seem 100%. Neither did Kompany.

Anyway, as Hamburg doubled up on him and Joll realised that Robinho wouldn't track back enough [not a criticism but just a fact], then he was clearly exposed all night, particualrly against their best player. With respect, some of you should watch the game more and moan less.

So... You're basing opinion on the 'injured' part of the season?? And before that? Oh yeah, 'he wasn't match fit'...!! Gimme a fooking break! This guy's getting as many excuses as Hughes is!!

I'll give you a 'fooking break' when you respond to the points raised in my post rather than attempt to impose your personal review of the season on me. If you do not understand that playing Robinho on the left [it appears to be his choice on not MH's] exposes the LB, then I can do no more for you, my friend.

I remember Garrido having to play with Robby doing the same thing... YET, he managed the feat PLUS was covered by Neds as Bridge is, constantly.

There was no difference to the same problem, last night except when you expect Bridge to deal with one on ones, he's repeatedly treated like a stepchild.

Embarrassing.

Bigga

I actually feel that Garrido is improving and should be kept, as he's still relatively young. However, I don't know what particular 'successes' you are referring to, and certainly not against the team at the top of German football. Forgive me if I'm wrong, but didn't Garrido come on at HT in Hamburg when the score was 1-1, and then went AWOl for the third [ultimately winning] goal at the back post. But no, blame it all on Bridge if you want. It's all academic now, anyway.

nijinsky's fetlocks said:
This argument over Garrido or Bridge is about as relevant as two bald men fighting over a comb.
Neither of them are good enough to be first-team regulars in my opinion and I will be disappointed to see either in a blue shirt at the start of next season.

I was responding to a proposition and dealing with the reality. This is not the Transfer Forum, my good man.

Banned Tosspot said:
He's not fit to be fair to him.

Chelsea fans will tell you they were upset to see him go.[/quote]

That was just an act. Don't think we'd have let you have anyone any good do you?!!!

Bridge is a funny player. There are still many Chelsea fans who reckon he is better than Cole. It was questionable why we signed Cole in the first place when we already had an England left back. He had some great games for us - especially the CL quarter final against Arsenal at Highbury where he scored the late winner and he was good attacking full back.

But when his form dips, and his confidence is lacking, he can look shocking. And if he is on £100k a week, where is his incentive? Ridiculous money to be paying a full back.

coleridge said:
Bigga

I actually feel that Garrido is improving and should be kept, as he's still relatively young. However, I don't know what particular 'successes' you are referring to, and certainly not against the team at the top of German football. Forgive me if I'm wrong, but didn't Garrido come on at HT in Hamburg when the score was 1-1, and then went AWOl for the third [ultimately winning] goal at the back post. But no, blame it all on Bridge if you want. It's all academic now, anyway.

I hoped some blues might see how important Bridge is to us after the aalborg game when we were completely comfortable with him on the pitch and utterly shite when he went off

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.