Wayne Pele Rooney (merged)

IrishMacca said:
Rooney isn't as good as the likes of Messi and co, but he's an excellent player who had a bad world cup, he's not alone, there isn't a player in there who can put their hand up and say I did my best, I played well, I gave my all.

But Rooney was under a world of pressure and he played badly. The pressure he had on his shoulders was too much for any player to handle. He played badly, he was so poor and a mile and a half away from his normal self. He wasn't given good service either to be fair. But he was poor.
But for some to say that he's not a great player is ridiculous because on form, there isn't (well there wasn't) a team in the Premiership, or probably Europe for that matter who wouldn't have him in their starting team.

And he's not alone in the players who were expected to, but haven't performed. Ronaldo has scored 1 goal for his country in God know how many months, Messi hasn't scored yet, and even Tevez, who wouldn't be considered in that cateogry by most, hasn't been great either, when I say that he has only scored a handful of goals for his country.

He's not alone, but we all know he'll be slaughtered by the press at home, when at the end of the day, he certainly wasn't alone. Yet something tells me that people on here wont acknowledge that, much anyway.

Yawn from The Irish rag.....logs off to watch some proper football. Come on Carlo!

IrishMacca said:
Rooney isn't as good as the likes of Messi and co, but he's an excellent player who had a bad world cup, he's not alone, there isn't a player in there who can put their hand up and say I did my best, I played well, I gave my all.

But Rooney was under a world of pressure and he played badly. The pressure he had on his shoulders was too much for any player to handle. He played badly, he was so poor and a mile and a half away from his normal self. He wasn't given good service either to be fair. But he was poor.
But for some to say that he's not a great player is ridiculous because on form, there isn't (well there wasn't) a team in the Premiership, or probably Europe for that matter who wouldn't have him in their starting team.

And he's not alone in the players who were expected to, but haven't performed. Ronaldo has scored 1 goal for his country in God know how many months, Messi hasn't scored yet, and even Tevez, who wouldn't be considered in that cateogry by most, hasn't been great either, when I say that he has only scored a handful of goals for his country.

He's not alone, but we all know he'll be slaughtered by the press at home, when at the end of the day, he certainly wasn't alone. Yet something tells me that people on here wont acknowledge that, much anyway.

What pressure? All he had to do was score a goal against Slovenia or Algeria. Christ, he'd be covered in the nations collective jizm had he managed to play 1 telling pass in 4 games.

There's no blame. He's just not as good as people think.

Behind all the hustle, bustle, diving and swearing there's a decent player but no more. The only thing he has in common with Pele is that he's clearly impotent and talks utter shite.

Fuck him the fat scouse rag twat.

IrishMacca said:

Because for the last 2 years we've heard nothing but how Rooney is gonna lead us to World Cup glory. He's gonna lead England to the promised land, he will be a talisman and all that. He's gone on about how much he has improves and matured, yet when it came down to it, he was knackered after 5 mins in every game, then had the fucking nerve to slag off the fans who had paid a big chukn of their annual wage to be there.

Anyway, what's it got to do with you? Your country couldn't even beat fucking France!<br /><br />-- Sun Jun 27, 2010 7:13 pm --<br /><br />
TheMightyQuinn said:
IrishMacca said:

What pressure? All he had to do was score a goal against Slovenia or Algeria. Christ, he'd be covered in the nations collective jizm had he managed to play 1 telling pass in 4 games.

There's no blame. He's just not as good as people think.

Behind all the hustle, bustle, diving and swearing there's a decent player but no more. The only thing he has in common with Pele is that he's clearly impotent and talks utter shite.

Fuck him the fat scouse rag twat.
We disagree on so many points in life TMQ, but when the chips are down and it comes to stating the obvious, we are sooooooooooooooo alike.

IrishMacca said:

for me Messi has been one of the best players at this WC
So what he hasnt scored a goal? he has carried Argentina and has been brilliant
Hes under the same pressure(if not more BECAUSE he is the best player in the world) as Rooney
Messi has performed, Rooney didnt
Messi is world class, Rooney isnt

IrishMacca said:

Yeah i agree actually, he is overhyped by the press (what english player isnt?) but that dosnt mean he aint a bloody good player regardless of who he plays for, a bad world cup dosnt make him a bad player, rubbish players dont score 34 goals in a season.

The entire England team was predictably shit from back to front thats the fact of it all, but hate him or not some of the comments about Rooney on here are ridiculous really, crap player? rubbish player? erm yeah ok.<br /><br />-- Sun Jun 27, 2010 7:16 pm --<br /><br />Dont know why people keep comparing him to Messi, no one compares to Messi hes a once in a generation player, its as if if someone dosnt compare to Messi their shit?

for me the likes of Drogba Rooney Tevez Van Persie Torres are all great players.

IrishMacca said:
Rooney isn't as good as the likes of Messi and co, but he's an excellent player .

theres no denying that...but were on about when people compare him to messi & tranny & pele and so on.. its laughable.

he is overrated to fuck

+ messi has been amazing this world cup he isnt greedy like rooney trying to shoot from way out and whatnot he makes chances for his team mates and they go on to score.

---------------------------------------------------------------

a rag who talks sense :

Messi is a class above anyone else currently playing. Rooney is class but is also vastly overrated because he is English.

If Drogba and Rooney's nationality were reversed, Drogba would have been PFA player of the year. He had more goals, assists and helped his team win silverware. Rooney didn't even have a single league goal from outside the box and most of his goals were put on a plate for him that most good strikers would have scored.

He is probably England's worst player in the World cup as well.

IrishMacca said:

i cant believe you are still getting away with some of the shit you spout on here!

Blumers Bloomers said:
If he's the White Pele, then i'm the white Naomi Campbell

Rooney and Pele do have some things in common.

Best years (year in Wayne's case) behind them.
Impotent
Pointless
Talk utter shite
Neither are likely to perform at international level post 2002

Rooney actually reminds me of the white Carlton Palmer except shit.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.