Wayne Pele Rooney (merged)

lee-mcfc said:
C1TY4LIFE said:
Actually most Rags I know have said Barry cost us World Cup YCMIU

yeah true ,well am sat with 6 scum fans atm and all of them have said it was barrys fault for 2 of the goals but then again the whole team have been shit and rooney is the biggest dissapointment of the tornament(sp?)

------------------------------------------------------

redcafes opinion on him

Biggest waste of space at the world cup....and that's saying a lot cause Torres hasn't been great either.
Rooney looked like a newcastle united player for every game I watched.
Poor beyond belief.

He's not top 3 (in the world). Only United fans would think that.

He's top 10 though....probably top 7

I'd say there are certainly times when he gets a bit overrated

only United fans would say top 3 or top 5, realistically top 10

there's too many times where he gets overrated and there are things said about him like: he can dribble like Messi, or he's clinical like Eto'o, or he can make plays like Xavi... he's done those things a couple times every once in awhile but he's never done it consistently and effectively

Messi
Ronaldo
Xavi
Drogba
Rooney

Some blues got a better opinion of him than the rags now that is sad

Rooney is and will never be WORLD CLASS. Poor attitude, Poor Technical ability

Rammy Blue said:
ManCityX said:
You racist.

pmsl

ylqjlpr

Rooney isn't as good as the likes of Messi and co, but he's an excellent player who had a bad world cup, he's not alone, there isn't a player in there who can put their hand up and say I did my best, I played well, I gave my all.

But Rooney was under a world of pressure and he played badly. The pressure he had on his shoulders was too much for any player to handle. He played badly, he was so poor and a mile and a half away from his normal self. He wasn't given good service either to be fair. But he was poor.
But for some to say that he's not a great player is ridiculous because on form, there isn't (well there wasn't) a team in the Premiership, or probably Europe for that matter who wouldn't have him in their starting team.

And he's not alone in the players who were expected to, but haven't performed. Ronaldo has scored 1 goal for his country in God know how many months, Messi hasn't scored yet, and even Tevez, who wouldn't be considered in that cateogry by most, hasn't been great either, when I say that he has only scored a handful of goals for his country.

He's not alone, but we all know he'll be slaughtered by the press at home, when at the end of the day, he certainly wasn't alone. Yet something tells me that people on here wont acknowledge that, much anyway.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.