WBA/Wolves trouble - are you watching City?

Too many people sadly can't tell the difference between a game and real life. Yes you can love and be passionate about your team. But don't take it too far were it becomes a criminal offence.

Alcohol and drugs have a big part to blame for the bad behaviour on Sunday. The lack of policing in this country. Makes it easier for people to do crime and the punishments also doesn't deter them.

Yes society has big issues but there's no excuse for crimes and football violence. If you win. Be happy. Lose, move on to the next game and hope they win next game.

Not saying rugby is perfect but IMO (and I go to rugby league frequently) it’s a better day out.

I don’t want football to be over sanitised either, but the south stand at city these days is horrendous. The concourse is a bear pit and it’s full of pissed up coked up scallies.

Other areas of the ground are different I’m sure but I’m sacking this part of the ground off in the summer. It’s definitely getting worse.

I hear you mate, but that's a social problem we have. I can't wait for the half time lecture tomorrow with the club asking me not to be a **** instead of just punishing the cunts that are being cunts.

It's like being at school.

A.Honestly, I’d much prefer that than have to go to the match with a load of foaming at the mouth morons who are just there to spout bile and kick off.

Rugby league has it right. Good atmosphere and the rivalry / “banter” (god I hate that word) between supporters is mostly good natured. It’s brilliant.
You obviously didn't go to Warrington as an away fan in the 80s, like watching City at Liverpool, you needed eyes in your arse. Have to say Wembley weekends for the Challenge Cup final were among the best times I ever had.

football violence will never stop ever fact
While there’s young men drugs beer testosterone and mental health issues they’ll always be fighting it’s been going on the 50 years I’ve been watching city and will continue for another 50

Six Nations in Cardiff is absolute carnage. Far worse than Wales football or Cardiff City. People are drunk beyond belief.

Whilst I don’t attend City at present, I never had a major problem in twenty plus years. Home or away.

While there’s young men drugs beer testosterone and mental health issues they’ll always be fighting it’s been going on the 50 years I’ve been watching city and will continue for another 50
It'll never be like it was when we were cyclepaths...

Last edited:
Totally agree - it is way more controlable now - but will always happen

When Celtic were all over our stadium, City’s answer was that Blues had bought the tickets. I never want to experience that again.

I remember the GMP proudly stating there would be a double ring of steel around the stadium and that no one without a match ticket would get through the first cordon and then no Celtic with tickets in the wrong part of the ground would be rooted out and turned away.

In reality, none of that happened, the Metrolink, the outside of the ground was crawling with them. didn't need to show my ticket until the turnstile and then after walking up the spiral to EL3 and popping in to syphon the python I met a group of 6 fans all with broad Glaswegian accents.

Were surrounded by them, but luckily it didn't kick off where I was, but could have been all so different.

Possibly the first clear indication that City as a whole did not give a flying fuck about their own fans and safety. Happens many time since, as they sell blocks of tickets to tourists, who barely support City.

Football was invented for this, so while SKY is trying to turn it into PG rating, it will result in empty stadiums, that is not to say the scenes over the weekend should be allowed, we all have cameras on our phones, we need to police ourselves, and if it need police intervention we should hand it over.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.