We’re bombing Syria

On the BBC news channel an opinion poll was just quoted that showed the British people were 80 - 20 AGAINST bombing Syria.

The British public has an aversion to bombing after events over recent years.

If the question was simply stated as ‘should we bomb Syria?’ then those figures are not surprising at all.

However, word the question ‘should we strategically strike military installations to stop Assad’s continued use of chemical weapons on his own citizens?’ I’d expect the figures to be reversed

I don’t know how the question was worded but your post suggests the former.

“ Engage your brain and not your emotions “ gutted we’ve got involved in this, why is it always us sucking America’s dick, more enemies gained.

Mays statement today linked the chemical weapons use in Syria with the poisoning of the Skripals? If she is convinced that she has to act against all chemical weapons use that we will bomb Russian targets soon? Of course not. She also said that this was in our national interest? How? Whoever used the chemical weapons - Assad or rebels - how is that a direct threat to Britain?

Thin end of the wedge it needs to be stopped otherwise it could happen here.... oh wait eek

A major decision like this should of gone to Parliament and she fuckin knows it too. She's sneaked it in before all the MP's are back in the house on Monday.

I don't give a fuck that she has the power to do it without a vote, she should listen to the MP's who represent us, the people.

We needed to act with our allies and what has happened is totally legal, that is the only important point.

You would have loved Corbyn’s mob to block it and more people to have chemical weapons dropped on them, just come out and say it

We needed to act with our allies and what has happened is totally legal, that is the only important point.

You would have loved Corbyn’s mob to block it and more people to have chemical weapons dropped on them, just come out and say it

Legal? Is that even so with International law?

Striking suspected chemical weapons facilities was always the likely response. Absent a wider plan or strategy it’s laregly ‘gesture’ bombing. At least everyone got their shit together to ensure there would be no escalation. Should have been debated in Parliament. We apparently used 4 planes so not sure why we bothered apart from a desperation to be part of the action.

I understand the need to ‘do something’ but this was all scripted theatre and will solve nothing.

I'm fairly sure quite a lot of Tory backbenchers would of blocked it too. As i said the numbers are not there for her.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.