We’re bombing Syria

So the prime minister without a majority follows the most unpopular us president ever into bombing a foreign land without having concrete evidence...fantastic.

Well who else could have dropped the bombs in the most tightly controlled airspace in the world without alerting the Russian air defence systems or making them suspicious?

If there was any chance if was the West the Russia would be shouting it from the roof tops.
Russia will ultimately be concerned how it will affect arms sales.

I just don't get why some people are more outraged at a clinical strike against clearly defined targets than at an indiscriminate chemical attack against civilians.

Looks like this has been stage managed between US and Russia to avoid escalation of conflict.
We've had our day out now we can go home.
Meanwhile the war will continue as before and Saddam will win.
No change.

What do you think of Assad’s?
Where do you draw the line though? There’s plenty of dreadful governments out there who are brutalising their people. Do we intervene in all of them or is this just selective intervention and, if so, on what grounds? Western governments having been buggering up Africa and the Middle East for years and years and it’s got everyone precisely nowhere.
A huge swathe of countries have come into being, in their present form, having had some sort of civil war. During that civil war many thousands will have been killed in many barbaric ways and for no good reason. The difference is that, in 1642, 1789 and 1861 there was no world superpower with an arsenal of bombs at its disposal itching to get involved and tell the protagonists what was good for them.

Western governments having been buggering up Africa and the Middle East for years and years and it’s got everyone precisely nowhere.

I hear this frequently but i'd love to know, how exactly western governments have fucked Africa as a continent up for years and years?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.