We’ve no leaders.

I don’t overly disagree with our lack of leaders. To say Sane is a leader after all your detailed explanations is mind boggling. He is the least leader like in our team.

I get it. It’s hard to quantify when he looks pissed off so much.

But it’s there I reckon, we’ve seen it.

He just doesn’t scream or look for the cameras.

I get it. It’s hard to quantify when he looks pissed off so much.

But it’s there I reckon, we’ve seen it.

He just doesn’t scream or look for the cameras.

It’s not about looking for the cameras, KDB isn’t a leader because he just moans apparently, Sane sulks and looks pissed off but could be a leader? Maybe inspiring when he’s firing on all cylinders but so is every other of our quality players

Before you start, I didn’t say we’ve no world class players. That’s obvious.

But world class players and leaders are different things.

Sometimes bang average players are great leaders.

KDB, Bernardo, Kun...all world class. None are leaders.

Silva? Give over. No leader passes backwards like Wednesday.

This is the underlying problem we have. Kompany left. Delph left.

Yes Delph. Bang average player, but more than able to keep pushing players strings and keep them focused.

Sane injured.

Is Sane a leader? I would say so. He leads by example and has stepped up in many big games when others, mentioned above have hidden.

This problem is now obvious.

We need leaders to inspire the world class players we have, because they can’t lead.

sane a leader? Get to fuck

It’s not about looking for the cameras, KDB isn’t a leader because he just moans apparently, Sane sulks and looks pissed off but could be a leader? Maybe inspiring when he’s firing on all cylinders but so is every other of our quality players

The difference between him and KDB may seem harsh, but as we’re such an elite team you can only look at our rare points of failure to see who our leaders are.

In the past 3 years, our only real big tests have been Liverpool, Spurs in the CL and Monaco.

Let’s look at those games. Remember the 5-3 v Monaco? Re-watch the highlights and watch Sane change that game by grabbing it and bringing everyone into it.

The Liverpool games...only Sane came out of those with his head held high.

Kev gets it done in 99% of games, but to be an elite team we need leaders in those 1% of games. That’s why I’m giving Sane so much credit.

Regardless....even if I am wrong on him, it doesn’t detract from the issue.

We had a dozen leaders in 15/16 and barely finished 4th on 66 points because West Ham beat United. Where were the leaders when we're absolutely embarrassing ourselves week in, week out back then? What a load of nonsense. Goals win matches and good defenders keep clean sheets. Laporte's been injured, Kompany's out leaving two hacks as our 1st choice CBs. Sane's out, Sterling's out of form leaving Aguero as our only reliable goal scorer. That is it. That's the sum of our troubles. There's no bigger meaning to all this. We've plenty of leaders and the players play their heart out every match. We don't have enough quality and depth in both boxes which is costing us.

We had a dozen leaders in 15/16 and barely finished 4th on 66 points because West Ham beat United. Where were the leaders when we're absolutely embarrassing ourselves week in, week out back then? What a load of nonsense. Goals win matches and good defenders keep clean sheets. Laporte's been injured, Kompany's out leaving two hacks as our 1st choice CBs. Sane's out, Sterling's out of form leaving Aguero as our only reliable goal scorer. That is it. That's the sum of our troubles.

We had leaders?

Give over. We had a broken down team in desperate need of a rebuild.

Try not to mix the two issues into one.

The difference between him and KDB may seem harsh, but as we’re such an elite team you can only look at our rare points of failure to see who our leaders are.

In the past 3 years, our only real big tests have been Liverpool, Spurs in the CL and Monaco.

Let’s look at those games. Remember the 5-3 v Monaco? Re-watch the highlights and watch Sane change that game by grabbing it and bringing everyone into it.

The Liverpool games...only Sane came out of those with his head held high.

Kev gets it done in 99% of games, but to be an elite team we need leaders in those 1% of games. That’s why I’m giving Sane so much credit.

Regardless....even if I am wrong on him, it doesn’t detract from the issue.

It doesn’t and your point on leaders is correct. I think it’s harsh to judge on selective games though, I’d be more inclined to say Bernardo using your logic over Sane. Sane got the winner against Liverpool but Bernardo ran the show that day and was instrumental in last years successes.

We should bring Vinnie back next season as United did Scholes. Even if he doesn't play id bring him back.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.