We all have to get behind our next manager...

ste.sully

Just like to say, we have to get behind our new manager in the same way we got behind Mancini over these past 3 years.

I think the City fans support for Mancini was admirable and crucial. No other club in England had the same admiration for their manager than us even when the media were sniping at his "imminent sacking" throughout his tenure and non-City fans criticising him as a poor manager who "bought the league, I could have done what Mancini has done" nonsense. Bizarrely, those fans have come out of the woodwork and claimed Mancini was a good manager who shouldn't have been sacked!

We are led to believe over the past 6 months Bobby gradually lost the dressing room and things were clearly not going as smoothly as they had been. Theoretically speaking the team should have collapsed in protest - which is normally the usual procedure if a manager 'loses the dressing room'. There was a clear deterioration in performance throughout the season (esp. compared to last season) but what stopped the players collapsing was the awareness of Mancini's popularity on the terraces.

Whoever the next manager is (probably Pellegrini) we have to get behind him whatever we thought of Mancini. Our vocal support of Mancini solidified the manager's role and left a good impression on those unfamiliar with the club.

We must do the same for Pellegrini for the club to progress further. As a fantastic club with loyal supporters, I'm sure such support will be given.

ste.sully said:
Just like to say, we have to get behind our new manager in the same way we got behind Mancini over these past 3 years.

I think the City fans support for Mancini was admirable and crucial. No other club in England had the same admiration for their manager than us even when the media were sniping at his "imminent sacking" throughout his tenure and non-City fans criticising him as a poor manager who "bought the league, I could have done what Mancini has done" nonsense. Bizarrely, those fans have come out of the woodwork and claimed Mancini was a good manager who shouldn't have been sacked!

We are led to believe over the past 6 months Bobby gradually lost the dressing room and things were clearly not going as smoothly as they had been. Theoretically speaking the team should have collapsed in protest - which is normally the usual procedure if a manager 'loses the dressing room'. There was a clear deterioration in performance throughout the season (esp. compared to last season) but what stopped the players collapsing was the awareness of Mancini's popularity on the terraces.

Whoever the next manager is (probably Pellegrini) we have to get behind him whatever we thought of Mancini. Our vocal support of Mancini solidified the manager's role and left a good impression on those unfamiliar with the club.

We must do the same for Pellegrini for the club to progress further. As a fantastic club with loyal supporters, I'm sure such support will be given.

Spot on mate!

Agree with everything above.

ste.sully said:

+1 As a Bobby inner,whats happened has now gone,so after tomorrows game,when no doubt he will get all the plaudits and songs from the fans,but then can we all move on and as you say get behind our new Manager whoever he is.

ste.sully said:

Take no notice of the petty squabbles on here between the ''inners'' and the ''outers''. 99% of fans will be behind the new manger come August. The other 1% can go and fu, er, make love to themselves.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.