'We are 6th and only lost once all year blah blah'

I am very much sitting on the fence with regards to Hughes continuing as manager. The last few games some of his tactical dephicincies seem to have showm themselves again with the change in formation and the inability to change games using the subs.

Now I appreciate that expecting amazing football week in week out would be me living in dreamland, however I have yet to come home from a game this season thinking we dominated a team.

I do believe once Robinho is back I will make up my mind about Hughes, if he persists with the lesser players in Bellamy and SWP it will show the mentality of the manager. I want to see good attacking football, as with a blank chequebook you would expect to see the players being tge best of the best.

I really want Hughes to build a legacy here but the nagging doubt in my mind is he is not good enough to achieve this.

It is amusing reading the post's on this topic, this is one subject that in the pub after the game you will get a split 50/50. We are all wanting the same thing which is success, what a person see's as success obviously differ's.

Personally if we finish top 6 I will be satisifed, this for me is the absolute minimum requirement for the season, this along with a semi final in one of the cup competition's will make me a happy blue at the end of the season.

Some may think that this is un ambitious taking into account what we have spent, you have a right to say that and a very valid point. Under a proven top quality manager I think we would be around 6 point's better off and playing far more positive and productive football.

However that's not to say I want Hughes out just yet, he is a young manager, still learning by all accounts. He has never seen himself in a situation with a big club with unlimited wealth and he is trying to do things his way, I just hope that he learn's that we are far more productive when going at teams, yesterday the 1st half was utter wank, because he set us up to try to hit on the break. We conceeded from a set piece and tbh most thought that we were heading for a boring 1-0 defeat. He then decided to change it and get us moving forward testing LIverpool, and it paid off.

More of the positive stuff please Hughes, then maybe we will over achieve this season and get into that top 4, we have the players, we have the fans, we need the leadership from our manager though

anymore than 2sheiks said:
Look,the point i'm making is i've followed City since the late 70s,so i've never seen us have any success.(i'm not counting the play-off final and champs of div1,because we shouldn't have been there in the 1st place).I've seen one false dawn after the other but allways knew in the back of my mind that things would go tits up because all the ingredients weren't quite there.Thats where the "typical City",gallows humour comes from.(Like having a billionaire owner that has his money taken off him.)The opportunity we have now is unique.As soon as it became evident that Sheik Mansoor had bought the club,i thought that Hughes was a dead man walking.We are in a position where we don't have to let a manager learn by his mistakes.We might as well have Mark Robins or Darren Ferguson in charge.The fear i have is that he has bought players with a point to prove and have an agenda of bitterness.Robinho started great,couldn't be arsed,Adebayor,started great,losing appetite.Tevez,started great,now dissollusioned with football.SWP,started on fire,now just runs into blind alleys and gives the ball away.This shouldn't be another false dawn,but it breaks my heart to say that it might be.An experienced proven winner of a manager is the final piece of the jigsaw.

Exactly......

Problem is points mean prizes and a win is 3 points - we havent beaten wank like Fulham and Burnley (with the greatest respect to them) leading 2-0 and 3-2

shadygiz said:
Rammy Blue said:
not won in the league since September.

how does that sound?

turn it on it's head....not lost in the league since september ;p

Last season Liverpool only lost 2 games... and didn't win the Premiership. Even though the team that did lost twice as many.

This year, Chelsea have lost more than us... and they're 11 points clear of us?

Liverpool have lost 5 times already and they're a point behind us!

Come to think of it... we only lost the one game in the FA Cup last season, the same as Liverpool, Arsenal and the Rags! Whooppee-do!

Soulboy said:
shadygiz said:
turn it on it's head....not lost in the league since september ;p

Last season Liverpool only lost 2 games... and didn't win the Premiership. Even though the team that did lost twice as many.

This year, Chelsea have lost more than us... and they're 11 points clear of us?

Liverpool have lost 5 times already and they're a point behind us!

Come to think of it... we only lost the one game in the FA Cup last season, the same as Liverpool, Arsenal and the Rags! Whooppee-do!

Rome wasn't built in a day you know? Remember, they had to put in the planning application in first and make sure there were no objections from the neighbours like the Macedonians,Carthaginians etc etc. Then there were delays due to contractors (christians were lazy bastards sometimes) weather, all time consuming.

to sum it up only wolves have got less points from their last 6 games.

basically no defeats but relegation form

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.