We are a Top 4 side at home

Holden Balls

Just done the sums, based solely on home results we would be sat in 3rd right now.
Away form is obviously a bit different. We would be 3rd bottom staring relegation in the face.

We need to ask 2 questions.

Why are we so poor away from home?
What can we do to put this right?

We've produced too many meek performances away from home this season, no fight, no bite. At times the pace at which we've played at you would think it was a fuckin friendly. Were also seriously missing a player who can pick us up when were on our arses and losing in games.

If Hughes can answer these 2 questions and solve this puzzle in the summer, we are cooking on gas and we should be comfortably in the top 6 next season. If he can't then it will be another mid table finish and his P45 end of next season.

So lets have a bit of positive thinking, we are producing top 4 quality football at the fortress, sorry, i mean COMS.

Hughes has had all season to see the obvious away from home and he has totally ignored the solution. Calls himself a manager. All he does is supervise.

as someone else said I think over this weekend, our home form might just be an anomaly, and they don't expect it to be repeated next year!

imagine if we won a more normal amount of home matches... next year we're looking to be mid-table once again.

Well i suppose there are 2 ways at looking at it.

If our home form was 'normal', we'd be fucked
If we'd picked up an extra 10 point away from home, we'd comfortably be in Europe now.

I dont think were so good at home by accident though. I would expect us to win 12 games at home next season as well

Holden Balls I don't need to tell you what I think about the situation, I do that most Saturdays. We need options. The bench against Tottenham lacked serious depth and quality. Our Home form Is good and I expect that to remain consistent next year. In order to win the league these days you cant afford to lose more than 5 games, so lets build from the back. I believe we need a complete new back 4. 2 tall commanding centre halves and 2 quick fullbacks that can link up with midfield, but also get back and defend properly. People might hate the guy but you wont find a better fullback than Ashley Cole. Holden balls fancy a pint of diamond in the griffin later? lol

Holden Balls said:
Away form is obviously a bit different. We would be 3rd bottom staring relegation in the face.

now thats just stating the bloody obvious ;) ... seriously though it's tactics and poor managerial decisions that have affected away form, hughes has failed to find and stick with a succesful system like for example when pearce fluckily found an effective one with Mpenza on his own upfront which saved our skin.

The away form will come when we get more quality players in this summer and get rid of the deadwood, such as Dunne, Garrido, Ball etc.....

It is only a matter of time so all blues sit back relax and enjoy.

kiam06 said:
The away form will come when we get more quality players in this summer and get rid of the deadwood, such as Dunne, Garrido, Ball etc.....

It is only a matter of time so all blues sit back relax and enjoy.

That is what everybody said back in january, but our awayform continued to be abysmal.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.