We are a Top 4 side at home

I`m sorry, but 6 home defeats does not equate to a top 4 side, and IMHO NEVER will.

6 defeats and 12 victories at home, bearing in mind, we took the lead in 4 of those defeats, show that we (typically City) are as consistently inconsistent as we have ever been. Our away form, (or lack of it) just re-inforces that viewpoint.

defeats aside! the points at home reflect a top 4 side FACT!

True 6 defeats doesn't read fortress, but we've along way to go yet

MCFCinUSA said:
as someone else said I think over this weekend, our home form might just be an anomaly, and they don't expect it to be repeated next year!

imagine if we won a more normal amount of home matches... next year we're looking to be mid-table once again.

You are indeed a true City fan. This is classic city fan mentality - managing to turn a positive thread into a depressing one! I was quite encouraged with the opening post, but you have managed to lower my mood, in the space of a single post!

The top 4 sides have lost a total of 6 games at home between them this season. FACT
That equates to an average of 1.5 home defeats for a top 4 side FACT
We lost 6 FACT
Our home form is not top 4 FACT

Our points tally at home is only so high, because no home games have been drawn.On top of that we could easily / should have at least drawn at home to Liverpool, Everton, Spuds, and quite possibly the rags. That would have been top 4 form!

correct we have lost more / drawn less at home

But Points wise we are Top 4 FACT! Hence the subject title

People can come on here and put whatever spin they like on it! I'm waiting to see what happens over the summer and then come August get behind the team.

Bossman Blue said:
Hughes has had all season to see the obvious away from home and he has totally ignored the solution. Calls himself a manager. All he does is supervise.

Post of the day for me,

he treats the job like he's playing Football manager 09. All great for buying players but he is tactically indept and has no motivational skills what's so ever.

At home IMO we could be alot better, were amazing at home but the defence lets us down to many times, at chelsea and the rags you hardly get that

as for the away form, obviously a bottom 4 team, and that reason is because of hughes, how many times has he said we would settle for a point, FFS go to play and win, he plays a team and gives out the signs to the players to play for a point, if we actually pushed forward more and attacked and didn't back down to the home side we might actually score a goal!

BIG example - everton way, hughes is thinkin ok everton are tired from 2 big games so lets just push on that little bit more, so we did, we outplayed them and won, if everton would of had 5 days rest hughes would be all defensive again and once again would of been happy with a point, not good enough, big managers go away to win games, hughes will never do that.

at home we go 1-0 up and thats it, foot off the gas, leave it at that, chelsea go 1-0 and they plan to score 10, so do the rags, we don't and never ever will under hughes.

Phatex said:
Bossman Blue said:
Hughes has had all season to see the obvious away from home and he has totally ignored the solution. Calls himself a manager. All he does is supervise.

THIS

Post of the day for me,

he treats the job like he's playing Football manager 09. All great for buying players but he is tactically indept and has no motivational skills what's so ever.

AND THIS

The only way we will be a top 4 side is to approach EVERY game with the belief we will WIN. The man at the top needs to be arrogant and instill belief into the players on the pitch and on the bench. Being subservient and settling for a draw is a defeatist attitude and thats exactly what happened in away games.
Remember Malcolm Alison's words "We will terrify Europe". We didn't but his big mouth gave the players belief in themselves

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.