We are a Top 4 side at home

I'd love for somebody to explain to me how our form can be SO different, home and away, and please don't say its because the squad is weak, its just as weak at home as it is away.

The only explanation I can figure, is that the tactics away are crap, either that or we get damned lucky at home (and that's clearly not the case). We have clearly aproached away games in a completely difeerent manner to home games, why ? we're playing the same teams, and a lot of them are just as crap at home as they are away.

Holden Balls said:
Just done the sums, based solely on home results we would be sat in 3rd right now.
Away form is obviously a bit different. We would be 3rd bottom staring relegation in the face.

We need to ask 2 questions.

Why are we so poor away from home?
What can we do to put this right?

We've produced too many meek performances away from home this season, no fight, no bite. At times the pace at which we've played at you would think it was a fuckin friendly. Were also seriously missing a player who can pick us up when were on our arses and losing in games.

If Hughes can answer these 2 questions and solve this puzzle in the summer, we are cooking on gas and we should be comfortably in the top 6 next season. If he can't then it will be another mid table finish and his P45 end of next season.

So lets have a bit of positive thinking, we are producing top 4 quality football at the fortress, sorry, i mean COMS.

Spot on. And with more quality being brought in then I have to believe that he can.

trublue55 said:
I`m sorry, but 6 home defeats does not equate to a top 4 side, and IMHO NEVER will.

6 defeats and 12 victories at home, bearing in mind, we took the lead in 4 of those defeats, show that we (typically City) are as consistently inconsistent as we have ever been. Our away form, (or lack of it) just re-inforces that viewpoint.

Boro have lost less home games than us!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.