WE ARE CHAMPIONS LEAGUE!!

spurs4life said:
Well done city. Enjoy the champions league, we had a great time. Gutted we've missed out but ultimately you deserve it, our form since feb was terrible that we practically gave it to you! But congratulations... Enjoy the cup final too

Hopefully we'll still be in the mix next season
Great sport fella.

First target achieved and what a boost it should provide before Saturday. They were set a goal and they've reached it, well done to all concerned.

It's not only beneficial in terms of the new players we can attract this summer but just as importantly it keeps the one's we currently have motivated and committed to us, which is vital for the spirit in the dressing room.

Great day!

Ed68 said:
I've never really bothered with this Champs League business so don't know the set up.

If we lose the qualifier do we drop into the Europa or go out altogether as I seem to recall some Scottish team did fairly recently.
If you fail to qualify you'll go down to the Europa.

If you qualify you'll be last seed in a pool. The Pools are mini leagues, each team plays the others home and away for points. First and second in the pools progress to the round of sixteen, however its much easier if you finish first in your pool because the knockout rounds are seeded by first vs second.

Then luck really comes into it because you could draw some insane team like Barcelona in your first knockout or get Schalke.

Castiel said:
Ed68 said:
I've never really bothered with this Champs League business so don't know the set up.

If we lose the qualifier do we drop into the Europa or go out altogether as I seem to recall some Scottish team did fairly recently.
If you fail to qualify you'll go down to the Europa.

If you qualify you'll be last seed in a pool. The Pools are mini leagues, each team plays the others home and away for points. First and second in the pools progress to the round of sixteen, however its much easier if you finish first in your pool because the knockout rounds are seeded by first vs second.

Then luck really comes into it because you could draw some insane team like Barcelona in your first knockout or get Schalke.

Cheers man, perfect summary.

Although we're probably be as likely to turn Barcelona over and lose to Schalke.

This time last season, me and my dad walked away from the ground, as dejected as usual. Another season ending in failure - the same old story of so close, so far.

I walked up to the ground today with a feeling of deja vu. The same nerves, the same expectation. However, the way I felt walking back to the car with my dad and my brother was the complete opposite. We have qualified for the Champion's League for the first time ever, and we still have a cup final to come!

Wow, is it a good time to be a Blue.

stokie in peace said:
well done boys and you also guaranteed us a europa spot so happy days all around.

Not if we lose the qualifier that gets us into the Champions league

spurs4life said:
Well done city. Enjoy the champions league, we had a great time. Gutted we've missed out but ultimately you deserve it, our form since feb was terrible that we practically gave it to you! But congratulations... Enjoy the cup final too

Hopefully we'll still be in the mix next season

cheers for that mate,you prob ran out of steam due to your own euro run-our class keeper
went a long way in ensuring you didn,t score against us this season,hopefully you,ll get your own top notch keeper for next season.the four points we took off you ultimately decided your own fate. cheers again.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.