We haven't got a Plan B.

Freestyler said:
Nelly's Left Foot said:
Plan A was sussed by the opposing teams a long time ago.Unless it just happens to work perfectly( tough when they know what to expect) all teams will sit and wait for City overcommit or just make mistakes.Tonight was a bit of both.

it was, but with some width i felt we kind of had a plan b but it was never really there.

i can see kiev playing counter attack thursday.

Absolutely.They will park the bus,play a destructive game and look to break if they can.Will they be worried if they give loads of free kicks away against us?I doubt it as we cant cross a ball so they will defend the penalty area and see what we have got.
They will think one away goal and the tie is 100% theirs

Freestyler said:
WNRH said:
What would Plan B be though?

stop attacking down the middle, and making your two creative players have their first touch on the halfway line, that's just the start!

So we go down the wings? Who with?

WNRH said:
Freestyler said:
stop attacking down the middle, and making your two creative players have their first touch on the halfway line, that's just the start!

SWP, has to start.

he's different. yeah he's not good enough now to maybe start the game, but he can change a game.

i still believe kolarov could play well on the left wing, given the chance he get's the service, he's put some class balls in this season, for some reason under pressure he can deliver, when he's got time to look up and pick a player he doesn't! lol

SWP skilfully might not be at the top of his game, but he has pace, he can get in behind the defence, we lack pace and we need to stretch them.

Freestyler said:
WNRH said:

SWP, has to start.

he's different. yeah he's not good enough now to maybe start the game, but he can change a game.

i still believe kolarov could play well on the left wing, given the chance he get's the service, he's put some class balls in this season, for some reason under pressure he can deliver, when he's got time to look up and pick a player he doesn't! lol

SWP skilfully might not be at the top of his game, but he has pace, he can get in behind the defence, we lack pace and we need to stretch them.

Have you seen SWP when he starts? Have you seen him when he comes on infact?

I agree with you entirely by the way, i just don't know how we can have a Plan B at the moment. When Adam Johnson comes back definatley but at the moment we are stuck.

Our problem is a combination of 3 simple things.

1. Our defense sits far too deep leaving too bigger gaps between the lines of the defence, midfield and attack.

2. Our midfield looks incredibly fatigued and immobile, whoever plays in there can't seem to move around the pitch and is second to everything.

3. We have forgotted one of the key basics in football. Pass and move. Too many times a player will pass the ball and just amble away or stand still. Too many times when Hart catches the ball, instead of people spinting out for a quick outlet, they just jog slowly up the pitch, forcing Hart to hit it long and inevitable back to the other team.

It's not that we don't have a plan B, its that we've forgotten the basics of football. Which is down to too many player playing too many games (through key injuries) and losing the appetite for it.

SWP is not good enough to start. He's not usually good enough to be a difference maker nowadays, yet sometimes in a tight game like this when our creative options are so limited (aka no AJ or Bellamy, but that's a topic for another day) I hope for him to come on in the last few minutes and maybe his 15-year old move of just kicking the ball past the fullback and beating him will work one last time. It's hopeful, it's optimistic, but it nearly always lets me down.

i think one of our biggest problems is that we dont seem to be able to go up a gear once we are in that italian pedestrian flow the only player that breaks the mould and gets us moving quicker is tevez and the only player that gets us going forwards is Silva !! i really do find is fustrating when we are a goal down and then we are still moving at the same pace. really bad day at the office

Plan B could be a simple 4-4-2 with two wingers and two forwards. Two of Tevez/Balotelli/Dzeko in the middle, Johnson and Weiss/SWP on the wings, then De Jong (or Barry alternatively) and one of Yaya/Milner/M. Johnson in the middle.

Sadly, we have loaned out Bellamy and Weiss so have no one but SWP who is a natural winger now. Well, there are McDermott and Helan in the reserves who couldn't possibly be less effective than some of the players tonight but Mancini won't try them.

Andouble said:
SWP is not good enough to start. He's not usually good enough to be a difference maker nowadays, yet sometimes in a tight game like this when our creative options are so limited (aka no AJ or Bellamy, but that's a topic for another day) I hope for him to come on in the last few minutes and maybe his 15-year old move of just kicking the ball past the fullback and beating him will work one last time. It's hopeful, it's optimistic, but it nearly always lets me down.

well said<br /><br />-- Thu Mar 10, 2011 11:21 pm --<br /><br />
brian the blue said:
Our problem is a combination of 3 simple things.

1. Our defense sits far too deep leaving too bigger gaps between the lines of the defence, midfield and attack.

2. Our midfield looks incredibly fatigued and immobile, whoever plays in there can't seem to move around the pitch and is second to everything.

3. We have forgotted one of the key basics in football. Pass and move. Too many times a player will pass the ball and just amble away or stand still. Too many times when Hart catches the ball, instead of people spinting out for a quick outlet, they just jog slowly up the pitch, forcing Hart to hit it long and inevitable back to the other team.

It's not that we don't have a plan B, its that we've forgotten the basics of football. Which is down to too many player playing too many games (through key injuries) and losing the appetite for it.

I agree.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.