We just missed the 4th spot! :/

bizzbo said:
anyone saying it's over now needs their head examining, although I won't argue the last two performances have been very disappointing, worrying, even.

to keep in the race for 4th, the absolute minimum has to beat either bolton or stoke in the league, and not lose to either tottenham or liverpool. we'd then have to out-perform them in the remaining games.

personally I'm sure we will beat bolton, and if we pull our fingers out, I think we have a good chance of beating both tottenham and liverpool at home. that would probably be enough to leave us favourites for 4th.

Depending on the spuds / villa game we need either 4 or 6 points from the next two

bizzbo said:
anyone saying it's over now needs their head examining, although I won't argue the last two performances have been very disappointing, worrying, even.

to keep in the race for 4th, the absolute minimum has to beat either bolton or stoke in the league, and not lose to either tottenham or liverpool. we'd then have to out-perform them in the remaining games.

personally I'm sure we will beat bolton, and if we pull our fingers out, I think we have a good chance of beating both tottenham and liverpool at home. that would probably be enough to leave us favourites for 4th.
On paper, you are spot on. We do have the players to do it. However, going on our last three league games (you left out Everton), I would have to say that we will struggle to beat either Liverpool or Spurs. Hopefully RM can turn our performances around; he needs to.

salfordblue-tony2 said:
dctid said:
It is highly unlikely we will go a full season without being beaten at home - personally i think both the spuds and pool will beat us

Scum bags and villa have to come to eastlands too !

Cant see us getting beat by Villa and i fancy a draw against the rags but play like we have been recently and we are fooked.

We have half a team to come back in.

Why can't you find something positive to say?

We still have Villa, Spurs and Liverpool to come to Eastlands, and those could be crucial depending on our results beforehand. I feel we need to beat Bolton, and get atleast a point away to Stoke. Its been a funny season with teams dropping alot of "easy" points, so 4th is still a possibility, but to be honest, I think Liverpool will get it, especially when Torres and Benayoun are back.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.