We lost to a bunch of goat herding donkeys, lets move on...

kiam06 said:
RyantheBlue said:
We got beaten by the better team, they played physical, they didn't cheat, the ref was a little biased at times, but we lost to Everton because they were better than us, get over it.

If anybody thinks Everton are better than us then you need your head testing, I agree they were more up for the game yesterday but we are a much better side so get a grip please. The ref had a greater influence yesterday than most people think IMO he allowed Everton to play their over physical game and get away with alot which helped them on the day big time.

That game would have finished 0-0 with a stronger referee.

No, we're better than Everton, on the day I meant, they were better.
But we play a less physical games than most teams, so to see a ref let a game like that go on yesterday wasn't shocking at all, IMO we would have lost no matter who the ref was.

We lost and deserved to lose. If you cant take the physical side of the game then you will never win the league, Chelsea and utd have been taking it for years, they give it out and take it. Bleating about refs, donkeys and the long ball game is a smokescreen.

RyantheBlue said:
kiam06 said:
If anybody thinks Everton are better than us then you need your head testing, I agree they were more up for the game yesterday but we are a much better side so get a grip please. The ref had a greater influence yesterday than most people think IMO he allowed Everton to play their over physical game and get away with alot which helped them on the day big time.

That game would have finished 0-0 with a stronger referee.

But we play a less physical games than most teams, so to see a ref let a game like that go on yesterday wasn't shocking at all, IMO we would have lost no matter who the ref was.

I have to disagree mate, in the first minute when Cahill did Garrido and it went unpunished I knew they would be allowed to kick us off the park, our skillful players were taken out almost every time they got the ball or after the ball and they got away with it again and again.

I don't think we played well but the help they got won them the game as we had little protection, maybe we need to be more physical or maybe referee's should do their job fairly and consistently instead of playing to the crowd as yesterday's clearly did.

kiam06 said:
RyantheBlue said:

I have to disagree mate, in the first minute when Cahill did Garrido and it went unpunished I knew they would be allowed to kick us off the park, our skillful players were taken out almost every time they got the ball or after the ball and they got away with it again and again.

I don't think we played well but the help they got won them the game as we had little protection, maybe we need to be more physical or maybe referee's should do their job fairly and consistently instead of playing to the crowd as yesterday's clearly did.

In fairness my argument is a bit hypocritical cus' all I did all match was slag the ref off :D

IMHO If Everton could sort out their game against mid table or lower teams they would be a real force to be reckoned with in the top 4. Don't forget they have some major players missing and with their full strength squad against ours I'd have to pick Everton purely because they have a hard working winning work ethic. We have to many players on high salaries who may have less incentive to bust a gut.

citymad said:
IMHO If Everton could sort out their game against mid table or lower teams they would be a real force to be reckoned with in the top 4. Don't forget they have some major players missing and with their full strength squad against ours I'd have to pick Everton purely because they have a hard working winning work ethic. We have to many players on high salaries who may have less incentive to bust a gut.

We had more players missing than them yesterday and better ones at that, have a look at the league table aswell I have been told for years that it doesn't lie.

Well I wouldn’t say we got beat by a better team .I think it was more a case of we shot ourselves in the foot. Along with a penalty that if the lines man had any balls and be doing his job. He would have flagged when the jersey was pulled outside the box but he waited until both players entered the box.
We just weren’t up for it on the day maybe a case of over training. Or taking it easy with two derbies coming up need the full squad back A.S.A.P

Well I wouldn’t say we got beat by a better team .I think it was more a case of we shot ourselves in the foot. Along with a penalty that if the lines man had any balls and be doing his job. He would have flagged when the jersey was pulled outside the box but he waited until both players entered the box.
We just weren’t up for it on the day maybe a case of over training. Or taking it easy with two derbies coming up need the full squad back A.S.A.P

Agree 100% extremely poor ref and Everton are a very mediocre team, kicked off the pitch you could see the frustration in the players have a look at Robinho just before he was taken off he was absolutely disgusted with the ref. Everton is a hard place to go but no way would the rags or any of the other top four be kicked off the pitch with so little protection. The reaction today in the media was also extremely predictable it was a poor performance but not the end of the world and no mention of our injuries/absentees Lescott, Toure, Bridge,Adebayor, Ireland, Swp, RSC etc also Craig Burley you are a first class cock.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.