We lost to a bunch of goat herding donkeys, lets move on...

A small fraction of Blues? If posts on here are anything to go by it seems like almost a majority of them think the same.

RyantheBlue said:
We got beaten by the better team, they played physical, they didn't cheat, the ref was a little biased at times, but we lost to Everton because they were better than us, get over it.
Everton are definitely not better on paper. I don’t think many Evertonians would disagree with that statement. I personally think they, as a team believed in their manager more on the day, than our players believed in ours on the day, then they took that onto the field, to a man, and demonstrated that conviction. That’s a pretty good learning curve.

kiam06 said:
citymad said:
IMHO If Everton could sort out their game against mid table or lower teams they would be a real force to be reckoned with in the top 4. Don't forget they have some major players missing and with their full strength squad against ours I'd have to pick Everton purely because they have a hard working winning work ethic. We have to many players on high salaries who may have less incentive to bust a gut.

We had more players missing than them yesterday and better ones at that, have a look at the league table aswell I have been told for years that it doesn't lie.

I laughed at this. Yesterday we had Yakubu (used to be a 20 goal striker...this season fair enough - shite), Arteta - our best midfielder, and Jagielka - our best defender out.

I mean come on, Jagielka and Arteta are the two players from our squad who would easily get in your side.

The table doesnt lie? Well...id say it does to be honest...teams go through good and bad phases, its the table at the end of the season that doesnt lie. An average of all the results.

As for people saying Everton were dirty - i really didnt see that to be honest. Through all our fouls we got the ball, the only dirtiness i saw between the players were cahill - and which ever defender was marking him - with pushing from both players jumping for the ball.

We had a good game, yes, but i go to man city matches for work (been to every one this season) and they are kind of my second club now, but you played crap, and have only yourself to blame. It wasnt cos we played more physical, you had some good chances and didnt take them...you gave a silly penalty away and conceded a soft freekick, Yes Everton had a good game, but you have only yourselves to blame.

jamiegrimble said:
RyantheBlue said:
We got beaten by the better team, they played physical, they didn't cheat, the ref was a little biased at times, but we lost to Everton because they were better than us, get over it.
Everton are definitely not better on paper. I don’t think many Evertonians would disagree with that statement. I personally think they, as a team believed in their manager more on the day, than our players believed in ours on the day, then they took that onto the field, to a man, and demonstrated that conviction. That’s a pretty good learning curve.

To be fair, i think youre players had one eye on tuesday. It seemed our players were happy to get stuck in with tackles (probably helped by our fans after the goal), and certain players - such as robinho - didnt seem assed at all.

...Things will change as the manager gets to know the players individually, but you as a team need to have some passion and go in for them 50/50 tackles, something which has been lacking from what ive seen from the matches at man city this season

I think that Mancini will quickly come to a few conclusions:

1. We are poor away against hard physical teams - Robinho and a few others will not risk injury by ploughing into a tackle.
We seem to lack the ability that the scum and Chelsea have to dish it straight back to the cloggers.
2. Our midfield lacks creativity without Ireland (and Elano). Barry and NDJ are Ok defensively, pretty hopelseess going forwards (they mostly go sideways and backwards). Fellani and Pienaar owned the midfield on Saturday - Tevez, bellamy and Robinho hardly saw the ball.
3. We need a decent right back. Zabaletta is a squad player - a red card waiting to happend, too slow, gets turned by fast wingers - not good enough for top 4 first choice RB.
4. We need a solid CB (Viera?) who is good in the air as well as on the ground. Richards is good in the air, but way too poor at positioning himself and defending on the ground - a good squad player.
5. Players like Robinho and Petrov will never put thier bodies on the line, and should not be chosen for away games against the likes of Everton, Stoke and Bolton.
6. We need a new plan for "building from the back" when playing against teams that aggressively press us on the ball - passing sideways and eventually back to Given to hoof it upfield and give possession to the opposition is not the answer.
Watch how Aresnal do it - AT SPEED!

The good news is that RM has show that he is prepared to make changes and change tactics, and is not afraid of denting some of the mighty egos in our squad.

tevezblue said:
SuperKevinHorlock said:
I can't work out TevezBlue whether you are rag or an Everton fan? My money is on Everton enjoy your win.
The better team on the day won but the OP had a few good points.

As i have had to say twice today, the fact that a supporter who can be totally objectionable about his own team and the oppositions team is accused of supporting other teams is very very sad.

I thought we were completely and utterly outplayed by Spurs too. Just as humiliating a performance as yesterday. That make me a cockney now does it?

Read the report in every paper today, listen to what Mancini says - they are all saying the same things as me. Its called being objectionable and not myopic and one eyed. You should try it sometime, you'll enjoy the game a lot more.

Oh you are certainly that my friend

Happy Feet said:
We lost and deserved to lose. If you cant take the physical side of the game then you will never win the league, Chelsea and utd have been taking it for years, they give it out and take it. Bleating about refs, donkeys and the long ball game is a smokescreen.

Thank you, HF, a breath of fresh air. This is how I saw Saturday's performance, and yer right, that's how CFC and MANUre have been doing it for years. If football doesn't win the day, mix it a bit and intimidate. Just look at the performances of Scholes, Essien and co when it seems that they have to grind out a result.

We are nowhere near the finished article yet. The Arse have suffered this season because their passing game only works on teams that don't mix it with them. I said after the Arse matches that they don't like it up 'em and that, in a fair, legitimate, law-espousing way, has to be part of the repertoire.

The physical game has been part of Everton's tactics ever since Moyes came. The oft made claim of the 'School of Science' or whatever it was at Goodison has long since departed.

bluwes said:
tevezblue said:
As i have had to say twice today, the fact that a supporter who can be totally objectionable about his own team and the oppositions team is accused of supporting other teams is very very sad.

I thought we were completely and utterly outplayed by Spurs too. Just as humiliating a performance as yesterday. That make me a cockney now does it?

Read the report in every paper today, listen to what Mancini says - they are all saying the same things as me. Its called being objectionable and not myopic and one eyed. You should try it sometime, you'll enjoy the game a lot more.

Oh you are certainly that my friend

I'm certainly not your friend.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.