We must improve

Tricky_Trev

I'm not referring to Mancini's post-match interview mantra, but us the fans. I can't be the only one that thought the atmosphere was appalling today? We have everything we could possibly wish for out on the pitch and this seems to have turned us into Spanish football fans, turning up and merely waiting to be entertained, before engaging in a polite clap and then returning to silence.

Come on, for God's sake! Our team is amazing, our manager is amazing, our owner and chairman are amazing. In fact, everything is amazing... except the atmosphere at home. It made me cringe when Nasri said his piece about Arsenal fans not being so passionate since the move to The Emirates. He obviously wasn't aware that we are no different. By all means, sit in silence when we go 5 months without a home goal under Stuart Pearce, but when we are genuine title contenders and have Silva, Aguero, Nasri and Dzeko as a front four, we need to do better.

And before the inevitable comments, considering our home atmosphere to be shocking does not make someone a rag. I sit in the East Stand, yet could still hear Robero Martinez clapping. That's how bad it was today. It's a valid complaint!

The atmosphere was a bit wank, songs start but trail off quickly.

As for Bob, I was just watching highlights of the first goal and he looked thoroughly unimpressed after it.

I love the man, he is an extreme perfectionist and even if we were perfect would want more. Just the sort of man needed to lead a project like this.

Tricky_Trev said:
I'm not referring to Mancini's post-match interview mantra, but us the fans. I can't be the only one that thought the atmosphere was appalling today? We have everything we could possibly wish for out on the pitch and this seems to have turned us into Spanish football fans, turning up and merely waiting to be entertained, before engaging in a polite clap and then returning to silence.

Come on, for God's sake! Our team is amazing, our manager is amazing, our owner and chairman are amazing. In fact, everything is amazing... except the atmosphere at home. It made me cringe when Nasri said his piece about Arsenal fans not being so passionate since the move to The Emirates. He obviously wasn't aware that we are no different. By all means, sit in silence when we go 5 months without a home goal under Stuart Pearce, but when we are genuine title contenders and have Silva, Aguero, Nasri and Dzeko as a front four, we need to do better.

And before the inevitable comments, considering our home atmosphere to be shocking does not make someone a rag. I sit in the East Stand, yet could still hear Robero Martinez clapping. That's how bad it was today. It's a valid complaint!

spot on.

thought it was bad myself stood in 110 it seemed very quite, but thats prob down to us playing wigan, cant recall them getting one song going it will be back to normal next lge fixture

You can't judge the fans by today's match.

For one, it was always obvious that City were going to win and that is not a recipe for wild excitement.

Secondly, when City were 3-0 up they played as if it was a pre-match kick about and who is going to get excited about that?

Excitement from the fans only comes from tension about the result.

agree atmosphere should be miles better, eastlands should be rocking everyweek, but never is :( every one seems scared to sing for some reason

Etihad oopps :)

I agree.. at times during the game you could clearly hear the shouts of the players and i think thats too quiet

The Germans and the Turks literally have organisers with load hailers running in front of the fans organising the chants, the songs. Even in Spain its very orchestrated.

We might just need some leaders or organisation in the stands amongst fans, to gee everyone around us up to encourage all to learn the lyrics.

It is an awesome sight to behold being in a heaving crowd screaming for more.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.