We must improve

the south stand has become so quite, it used to be class and still is sometimes :(

Definitely can't judge the atmosphere on today really can you? I mean it could've been better, was awfully quiet at some points in 109/110 etc. but the Swansea game was much better for atmosphere. I think the away fans go part of the way to creating so much noise; Wigan fans came and sat down for 90 minutes and all they did was clap and wave money at us most of the 2nd half! At points though, everyone was singing in the singing section, but it will be better on Wednesday night anyway! :D

urmston said:
You can't judge the fans by today's match.

For one, it was always obvious that City were going to win and that is not a recipe for wild excitement.

Secondly, when City were 3-0 up they played as if it was a pre-match kick about and who is going to get excited about that?

Excitement from the fans only comes from tension about the result.

Spot on

The only way to bring back atmosphere to premier league football games is to reintroduce terracing and pack more people into the same space for a lower admission price.

urmston said:
The only way to bring back atmosphere to premier league football games is to reintroduce terracing and pack more people into the same space for a lower admission price.

agree completley, whoever designed the stadium though really didnt think about location of fans and having a stand just for singing. operation kippax anyone?

Firstly, cheers for this thread that has made me sign up after stalking the forum for many years...

I had a season ticket for 8 years until I was 17 (after sven's season) I sadly had to get rid, due to moving to London for work, since then I've been to every came I can and with the Napoli game on wednesday, I came home today to catch today's game, as well as our CL debut (got to make the most of a trip home in my eyes)

Having only caught about 30 games (mostly in the cups) or so in the past 4 years, I know I'm not the best to speak about this matter, but one thing that really impressed me today was the atmosphere... Yes there were times that it went quiet, however for large parts of the game I COULDN'T hear the players, the poznan, to me up in block 239 was maybe patchy around me, but the way the stadium shook was incredible and other stand looked brilliant!

I'm not refuting your point about the atmosphere being lacking today, I don't have anything since the last fa cup game at coms to compare with, but if today was poor, then in my eyes that is fantastic! I'm so gutted I couldn't find a good job in my home town, but today (with the improved atmosphere contributing) has resulted in my re-registering for a season card, and as of next season, you can guarantee you'll be able to see me poznaning, singing and waving my flag for at least the 19 league games!

And finally can I thank the person that started the thread regarding city vs napoli crowd and how we important it is we all attend, as were it not for that, I wouldn't have been there today, and I wouldn't have wednesday to look forward to before returning to the land of plastic rags!

The so called 'Singing Section' stood with their arms folded for the most part of today.
The South Stand only seem to perk up when we score a goal.

icemanbops said:
The Germans and the Turks literally have organisers with load hailers running in front of the fans organising the chants, the songs. Even in Spain its very orchestrated.

We might just need some leaders or organisation in the stands amongst fans, to gee everyone around us up to encourage all to learn the lyrics.

It is an awesome sight to behold being in a heaving crowd screaming for more.

That's something for the club to do isn't it?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.