We need a new left back.

ShaunMCFC

Bridge is awful absolutely terrible. He can't defend and is alright at going forward, I'd say top priority this season is to find a decent left back thats solid and can defend.

I'd take any one of these;

Abidal
Lahm
Capdevilla (sp?)
Aurelio
Grosso

Or Downing.

i agree that bridge has been far from impressive defensively however downing and grosso are hardly going to improve us. and Aurelio is average.

personally i think with a bolstered midfield and robbie possibly dropping in behind the front man bridge may have more protection and not look as open.

RobinJo said:
Bridge is awful absolutely terrible. He can't defend and is alright at going forward, I'd say top priority this season is to find a decent left back thats solid and can defend.

Abidal
Lahm
Capdevilla (sp?)
Aurelio
Grosso

Or Downing.[/quot

don,t be so stupid.......bridge is a fine player,settling in........will have a fine next season..........far too many knee jerk fools re:bridge......he,s a f**king england international ffs...................

Thing is with Bridge, he's been average, not played much games for Chelsea and was all of a sudden thrusted into a first-team spot and us fans have labelled him as poor, shite etc.

Personally, I feel we will see the best of him this season, it's no coincidence that we started seeing us play better defensively once we got him and Given in during the transfer window!

RobinJo said:

Abidal
Lahm
Capdevilla (sp?)
Aurelio
Grosso

Or Downing.

i agree defo needa new left back
abidal and lahm yes
not too sure about capdevilla
auerelio = average, grosso too old and wtf downing? lmao

id go for either lescott or cissokho from porto who looks a class act.

can I just ask you all something why can you not just get behind bridge and the rest of the team, stop sayin we need new left back and give bridge a chance please he is a very good player and since he has come to city he has been injured so just see how he is after the summer break ffs

riley347 said:
RobinJo said:

Abidal
Lahm
Capdevilla (sp?)
Aurelio
Grosso

Or Downing.[/quot

don,t be so stupid.......bridge is a fine player,settling in........will have a fine next season..........far too many knee jerk fools re:bridge......he,s a f**king england international ffs...................

Yes hes fantastic, best left back in the world. I'm not going to stay quiet over him just because hes currently at City, yes he is an England international, but only because there aren't many English left backs out there. Hes certainly not a £10 Million pound player.

Think its absolutly ridiculous how people can post on how ''terrible'' Bridge has been. I for one think he has been fine since he has come and believe he will continue to get better next season. Perhaps we could do with someone incase Bridge gets an injury? Although we do have Garrido, or maybe a youngster as i think Ball is utter rubbish.

Many other positions Hughes should be thinking about before left back mate, notably, Centre Half and Striker.

TaylorWill07 said:
RobinJo said:

Abidal
Lahm
Capdevilla (sp?)
Aurelio
Grosso

Or Downing.

abidal and lahm yes

Downing was a joke from another thread, but obviously nobodys catched on yet

TaylorWill07 said:
RobinJo said:

Abidal
Lahm
Capdevilla (sp?)
Aurelio
Grosso

Or Downing.

abidal and lahm yes

a little unfair considering he's gone from chelsea reserve, never playing to a first team regular in a formation with robbie as his proetection for us. give him a chance next season when he's fully prepared and the rest of our back 4 is sorted out.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.