we need a tall keeper.

KAL_EL

Given is great yes but.! he gives me the shits everytime we concede a corner.I know youll say hes the best in the prem but id like to feel a bit more confident at defending set pieces,corners etc.Maybe im being a bit critical but i just wish he had it all in his locker.
Tin hat on .:)

tis all right KAL, i'll give him these and he can slam them on when we concede a corner.

platform-boots.jpg

KAL_EL said:
Given is great yes but.! he gives me the shits everytime we concede a corner.I know youll say hes the best in the prem but id like to feel a bit more confident at defending set pieces,corners etc.Maybe im being a bit critical but i just wish he had it all in his locker.
Tin hat on .:)

so its now

given
ireland
barry

any more takers on the fickle supporters forum

Good point, we also need a centre forward who scores every time he touches the ball.

Back to reality, if this "tall" keeper was shit at shotstopping how would you react then?

I really dont understand this myth at all.

In my 24 years of watching City I have never seen a better player wear the number 1 shirt for us. He is absolutely quality and his rep for being one of the best keepers in the world is truly justified. Arguably our best player this season, and he has saved us countless times ad to be honest i don't really remember any glaring errors.

Just look at the game today. At one end you had Given, and at the other you had James, who is apparently the best England can offer. One is 6ft and the other is well over that. Who would you rather have? Its an obvious answer.

asgoodasitgets said:
Good point, we also need a centre forward who scores every time he touches the ball.

Back to reality, if this "tall" keeper was shit at shotstopping how would you react then?

can we also have a tall cb who can tackle, sprint like usain bolt, dribble, pass and score thirty goals a season

surely not too much too ask

asgoodasitgets said:

Cant you have both?

ramsdale4 said:
I really dont understand this myth at all.

In my 24 years of watching City I have never seen a better player wear the number 1 shirt for us. He is absolutely quality and his rep for being one of the best keepers in the world is truly justified. Arguably our best player this season, and he has saved us countless times ad to be honest i don't really remember any glaring errors.

Just look at the game today. At one end you had Given, and at the other you had James, who is apparently the best England can offer. One is 6ft and the other is well over that. Who would you rather have? Its an obvious answer.
Agreed but my point was not his mistakes but more about shay not being able to come for corners etc.

I have watched all the City keepers over the years Trautmann, Dowd, Mulhearn, Ogley, Corrigan, James, Weaver etc, etc and Shay is up there with the best of them.........

My favourite was Harry Dowd, who was more interested in being a plumber.

Big Mal's pre-match team talk:-

"Right Harry, today we're playing Arsenal and they play in red and white"

Lol!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.