we need a tall keeper.

Mr Ed (The Stables) said:
leewill31 said:
the op does have a point!

if given commanded his area on corners and freekicks by coming for the ball a lot more he would be the no.1 worlds best keeper.

But that's Utopia. We have the best keeper in the league at this moment in time and in the top 5 or 6 in the world. Pity we can't say the same at left back!!

dont get me wrong i would not swap him for anybody but if given has any kind of weakness it is the fact he does not command the box enough.

an example is Wednesdays game just gone marking was terrible for rooneys goal but shay could off and maybe should off come to claim the cross?

ColinBellsjockstrap said:
I have watched all the City keepers over the years Trautmann, Dowd, Mulhearn, Ogley, Corrigan, James, Weaver etc, etc and Shay is up there with the best of them.........

My favourite was Harry Dowd, who was more interested in being a plumber.

Big Mal's pre-match team talk:-

"Right Harry, today we're playing Arsenal and they play in red and white"

Lol!

Harry Dowd is my friends grandad :)

Given is a shot stopper that is it no better. in other words shite in my opinion he is not world class

ashton-blues said:
Given is a shot stopper that is it no better. in other words shite in my opinion he is not world class

i know fancy having a shot stopper in goal fucking crazy, best keeper in the prem end off

I don't want a new keeper but he, like many great players have flaws, his just happens to be he wasn't blessed with great height thus not allowing him to command his area , however statistically the amount he saves far out way the mistakes from crosses. For me he is citys best keeper since (T)urn (C)oat, and if there is a better keeper in the prem i'll show my arse.

Cech = makes given look like dino zoff on crosses, abysmal.
Van der sar = very injury prone, poor at getting down and a fucking hooter like Gérard Depardieu
reina = great distribution/shot stopper, piss poor on crosses and a gringo
Almunia= lol, his disguises are right out of the inspector clouseau scrapbook in terms of goalkeeping

why can't a 6ft 1inch goalkeeper being allowed to use his hands outleap and collect a football infront of any outfield player in the league....not seen any 8 and half foot players kicking around. Is his problem more than the lack of inches....i notice he normally does'nt collect the ball (even without opposition pressure and with his feet planted) unless it's within very minimal arm altering range of his torso.

Call me daft if you will I think Joe Hart could well replace Shay in goals next season. Look at how well he has done on loan this season he has been the stand out keeper in this league so far this season.

harknowhear said:
ColinBellsjockstrap said:
I have watched all the City keepers over the years Trautmann, Dowd, Mulhearn, Ogley, Corrigan, James, Weaver etc, etc and Shay is up there with the best of them.........

My favourite was Harry Dowd, who was more interested in being a plumber.

Big Mal's pre-match team talk:-

"Right Harry, today we're playing Arsenal and they play in red and white"

Lol!

Harry Dowd is my friends grandad :)

Really??....Tell your friend he was a great keeper......

dowd%20leaps%20v%20leicester%2069%20facf.JPG

think Bobby Mancitie's told him to start throwing to the backs, rather than the usual up and under.
worked much better for us

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.