We need an A-list signing ?

zlaz3r

Now hear me up.

We haven't really bought an A-list player for a while now, and i think Aguero was the last one.
If we want to see our self as a top 5 club in the world we will need to get an A-list signing if not every summer transfer window at least one each second season.

This is not for sporting reason but branding as well.

We are building up a big franchise in Asia lately with some good sponsorship, now we need a new spearhead for those advertisement besides Aguero in my opinion.

The last few season he heard that we now are focusing on quality instead of quantity, which to be honest haven't really been fur filled.

I am loving the signings of Fernandinho and Navas so far, they bring exactly what we have needed for a few seasons now. But to be honest it is a bit worrying we lost out on Isco, and Cavani is overpriced yes, but most A-list signings are.

A-list Players that are left which in theory we possible could buy are.

Lewandowski
Bale
Suarez (Mehhhhh)
Cavani

Do we need 1 game changing player, instead of 3 solid team players ?

Re: We need an A-list signing

I think you're wrong, the reason being we shouldn't be buying superstars, we should be producing them & that's now our aim.
You'll start to see more academy players coming through & they'll be the next Isco or Cavani IMO. Denis Suarez is already being mentioned in the Spanish media as "the next Iniesta" but to be honest I don't want the "next" anything, I want future players in years to come to be the next Guidetti or Lopez etc etc.

What if I told you we are bulding the fondation of the team now, and looking to bring Messi next summer

Pure guesswork but I have a feeling this will happen

SergioInAddedTime said:
What if I told you we are bulding the fondation of the team now, and looking to bring Messi next summer

I think it's only a matter of time, not if but when we Mae a bid. There is a reason they purchased a young Naymar.

not my fault! said:
I think you're wrong, the reason being we shouldn't be buying superstars, we should be producing them & that's now our aim.
You'll start to see more academy players coming through & they'll be the next Isco or Cavani IMO. Denis Suarez is already being mentioned in the Spanish media as "the next Iniesta" but to be honest I don't want the "next" anything, I want future players in years to come to be the next Guidetti or Lopez etc etc.

We've got some good players coming through but none are even first team bench material yet. we are still building the academy and it will take 5-7 years before we really get too see what we have sown.

Barcelona have the best academy in the world no doubt, and they have been doing that for many many years now, yet they still bring a Neymar, Sanchez, Villa player to the club each season.
See where i am getting at?

not my fault! said:
SergioInAddedTime said:

I think it's only a matter of time, not if but when we Mae a bid. There is a reason they purchased a young Naymar.
I have had a certain feeling since day 1 of the takeover that we will see Messi in City colours. It looks more and more likely. Like someone else said: It is almost as certain as Mourinho returning to Chelsea. It is something that is bound to happen

Marquee names are part of brand building so I'm slightly surprised we haven't gone for one (even Cavani isn't a GLOBAL SUPERSTAR as he's been playing in Serie A away from the brightest lights). Maybe Neymar was the 'one' but they couldn't convince him. Bale is pretty much at marquee level now but he just seems too expensive. It's hard to see who else is left that is realistic. We have a quality squad but the only highly marketable one is Aguero since Balotelli left.

zlaz3r said:
not my fault! said:

We've got some good players coming through but none are even first team bench material yet. we are still building the academy and it will take 5-7 years before we really get too see what we have sown.

Barcelona have the best academy in the world no doubt, and they have been doing that for many many years now, yet they still bring a Neymar, Sanchez, Villa player to the club each season.

I do but we ain't Barça, tbf we're not anywhere in their league with regards to attracting players.
As for our academy we haven't a clue how they'll adapt to first team action. I can see Guidetti & Suarez doing well this year with possibly Lopez too.

not my fault! said:
zlaz3r said:
not my fault! said:

I do but we ain't Barça, tbf we're not anywhere in their league with regards to attracting players.
As for our academy we haven't a clue how they'll adapt to first team action. I can see Guidetti & Suarez doing well this year with possibly Lopez too.

Just because we aren't Barca, doesn't mean we cant bring A-list players to the club.

zlaz3r said:
not my fault! said:
zlaz3r said:

Just because we aren't Barca, doesn't mean we cant bring A-list players to the club.

If its a choice between, City, Real, Barca, Munich or even the Rags... Them 9/10 would pick City last, winning one PL trophy & an FA cup doesn't suddenly make us attractive. Isco being the perfect example, yeh sure his dad got a bung but if he really wanted us he'd of dug his heels in.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.