We need an A-list signing ?

Re: We need an A-list signing

not my fault! said:
zlaz3r said:
not my fault! said:
I do but we ain't Barça, tbf we're not anywhere in their league with regards to attracting players.
As for our academy we haven't a clue how they'll adapt to first team action. I can see Guidetti & Suarez doing well this year with possibly Lopez too.

Just because we aren't Barca, doesn't mean we cant bring A-list players to the club.

If its a choice between, City, Real, Barca, Munich or even the Rags... Them 9/10 would pick City last, winning one PL trophy & an FA cup doesn't suddenly make us attractive. Isco being the perfect example, yeh sure his dad got a bung but if he really wanted us he'd of dug his heels in.

Nobody knows what happened with the Isco deal, most media actually says that he wanted the move to City more. With the Spanish economy in decline, mores taxes and also the Spanish League in tantrum over it's future structure, i think that playing in the English league will become more attractive.

Also you see more and more Spanish speaking players in each of the top 6 clubs, which only makes it easier to attract players from south america, in the future.

not my fault! said:
I think you're wrong, the reason being we shouldn't be buying superstars, we should be producing them & that's now our aim.
You'll start to see more academy players coming through & they'll be the next Isco or Cavani IMO. Denis Suarez is already being mentioned in the Spanish media as "the next Iniesta" but to be honest I don't want the "next" anything, I want future players in years to come to be the next Guidetti or Lopez etc etc.

Yeah, because Barca didn't spunk £45 million on Neymar did they! We have a wafer thin squad and a misfiring youth set up. Every top team out there buys big every summer. Look at MUnich, Real and Barcelona last season, the season before and likely this season, we had two season of good buys and Khaldoon sticks his business oar in and it goes to shit. Football is about prestige, this is what the Boss wants, Khaldoon is smart enough to hire people with a good track record, but at one of the worlds biggest clubs. We aren't and will have to pay the City extra until we go direct.

If we're not going for a proven one, I hope we spend on someone who could conceivably become one. Like Bruma.

We were all sitting in this transfer forum 3 years ago wondering if a teenage Neymar was worth it. We're a club that must act then, not wait until he's one of the world's best players and then try to sign him. Isco was the latest one where our inaction led to the player getting away.

zlaz3r said:
not my fault! said:
zlaz3r said:
Just because we aren't Barca, doesn't mean we cant bring A-list players to the club.

If its a choice between, City, Real, Barca, Munich or even the Rags... Them 9/10 would pick City last, winning one PL trophy & an FA cup doesn't suddenly make us attractive. Isco being the perfect example, yeh sure his dad got a bung but if he really wanted us he'd of dug his heels in.

Nobody knows what happened with the Isco deal, most media actually says that he wanted the move to City more. With the Spanish economy in decline, mores taxes and also the Spanish League in tantrum over it's future structure, i think that playing in the English league will become more attractive.

Also you see more and more Spanish speaking players in each of the top 6 clubs, which only makes it easier to attract players from south america, in the future.

But as I pointed out... We ain't in the same league as Barca, Real etc yet. We all like to think & believe we are but in reality we ain't.
Why would Naymar join us over Barça? In a few years maybe but not yet, we are not on that scale.
If Isco favoured City then he would of joined City, it's not a "possible" it's fact! He's an adult & as such can make his own mind up. It's the belief we can just go spend £50m on the likes of Cavani that is the problem, the owner won't spunk money just to please fans. MCFC is now an efficiently run business & as such deals that don't make financial or good business sense won't happen. Regardless of if fans like it or not. Having money is a double edge sword, & I've witnessed us with & without it. Swales sold the bloody badge it was that bad!
We won't be buying an "A list star" every other year never mind every year, they have made it clear that within 5 years they want 50% of the squad to be homegrown. The plan is to produce rather than pay daft fees.

zlaz3r said:
not my fault! said:
zlaz3r said:
We've got some good players coming through but none are even first team bench material yet. we are still building the academy and it will take 5-7 years before we really get too see what we have sown.

Barcelona have the best academy in the world no doubt, and they have been doing that for many many years now, yet they still bring a Neymar, Sanchez, Villa player to the club each season.
See where i am getting at?

I do but we ain't Barça, tbf we're not anywhere in their league with regards to attracting players.
As for our academy we haven't a clue how they'll adapt to first team action. I can see Guidetti & Suarez doing well this year with possibly Lopez too.

*ucking A! Bale at £60 million, is still Bale, the Spuds will only give AVB £30 Million and we would have the best game changer in the EPL with a good 7 years ahead. He would be a A list player, with the qualities that can help us succeed in the winning the EPL and CL in the same season. He wouldn't be the only other player I would sign, Thiago, THiago Silva, Luke Shaw and Byram as well.

not my fault! said:
zlaz3r said:
not my fault! said:

But as I pointed out... We ain't in the same league as Barca, Real etc yet. We all like to think & believe we are but in reality we ain't.
Why would Naymar join us over Barça? In a few years maybe but not yet, we are not on that scale.
If Isco favoured City then he would of joined City, it's not a "possible" it's fact! He's an adult & as such can make his own mind up. It's the belief we can just go spend £50m on the likes of Cavani that is the problem, the owner won't spunk money just to please fans. MCFC is now an efficiently run business & as such deals that don't make financial or good business sense won't happen. Regardless of if fans like it or not. Having money is a double edge sword, & I've witnessed us with & without it. Swales sold the bloody badge it was that bad!
We won't be buying an "A list star" every other year never mind every year, they have made it clear that within 5 years they want 50% of the squad to be homegrown. The plan is to produce rather than pay daft fees.

No they haven't and Khaldoon will have no input in 5 Years

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.