We now need to sign a big name more than ever...

We don't need the marquee signings. We are 2 quality defenders away from a top 4 side ie better than Arsenal.

mcfc1996 said:
We don't need the marquee signings. We are 2 quality defenders away from a top 4 side ie better than Arsenal.

I disagree. I still don't think we have enough consistent quality in our frontline. RSC/Bellamy are good, but have question over their injury record. This leaves Robbie, Boj, Phil, and Evans realistically. Boj is still unproven, Phil is a bit of a one trick pony and needs to be in a team that is focusing on crossing the ball in to the box for a 6 yard tap in for him, and Robbie, well, Robbie is class.
Midfield currently looks good, though I don't think we have decent cover if Ireland goes down, Elano just doesn't have the workrate of Ireland and we would lose something defensively. We need a player here to compete with (and push) Ireland all the way. We also need a DM if Kompany is going to CB and Zab to RB.
We need one decent centre back.

In my imaginary shopping list, I have:
One CB
One DM
One CF

Even then, I will still say top six only.

mcfc1996 said:

We are nowhere near Arsenal yet I'm afraid.

mcfc1996 said:

3 other clubs in the prem can make that claim too......!

Pabbers said:
mcfc1996 said:

3 other clubs in the prem can make that claim too......!

And all of us would be wrong ;)

Rubbish!
United failed to sign Benzema and tevez. Chelsea failed to sign Ribery and Kaka. Real failed to sign Villa. These are but a few examples. When it comes to big names, that's how it goes.

In all probability we will sign Tevez (touch wood), that is a big signing. Barry was also a big signing.
We are still in for some top players- Terry, Lescott etc

If it was mid-august and we had failed to land the majority of our targets, then some might be worried, but that is clearly not the situation.....

We have a good squad as it stands. Yes, there is room for improvement, there always is, but City are in a good situation.
I feel like the words of Al Fahim have been ingrained in the mentality of so many fans, to the point that they expect us to land all the biggest names in the world simply with a hand shake and a big check. Of course its not that easy, nor is that a realistic or desirable policy.

Come back to reality fella!

we need a top quality centre half and a top quality out and out centre forward...(this does not include tevez)

after that we are pretty much set......

you could argue that you need cover for the likes of swp, and also the left wing but i think we have enough flexibilty in the squad to cover certainly the left hand side and MH might decide that with the acquisition of tevez we have enough to cover the right as well (if need be)

however a top quality centre forward is a must.....those thinking that caiceido is quality in depth are wrong in my opinion...he is just too inexperienced and should be way down the pecking order, and if RSC picks up an injury then we are back to square one

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.